Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2023, 6:26 am

I expect aliens can hear us clearly anyway and they're keeping well away from us :lol: If they are so advanced to have reached us when we don't know about them, they must just be observing.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2023, 7:05 am

Yes...if all this UAP stuff turns out to be real then ...ET is already here and has had huge presence here for a LONG time, and yet...hasnt done much to harm us.

But even if ET has not yet traveled to here yet he might be able to hear us. We dont make a habit of sending strong signals for the sole purpose of saying "hi" to ET, but our normal radio broadcasts have already been going out into space for over a century. And our TV broadcasts have been going going out into space for eighty years.

Stars in our part of the galaxy average about six light years apart. So even our TV broadcasts have reached like a dozen stars in every direction by now.

I used to be embarrassed by the thought that intelligent aliens 80 LY away are just now watching TV pioneer Milton Berle (he would be the face of the human race to them). But not to worry. Scientists now say that all radio broadcasts and TV broad casts would decay into static at only two light years out (not even to the nearest star). So yes...ET would know that we exist, and know that we have a certain level of technology, because we generate radio static, but they wouldnt be able to glean much more than that because they wouldnt be able to "watch our TV shows" or hear Howard Stern as such.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2023, 2:55 pm

I had to look up what UAP meant :lol:

Yes I think we are a very noisy planet and aliens must know we are here.