Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2023, 9:24 am

Lunella wrote:
DuckHairback wrote:
One thing you can do is have speckles tattooed on your head so it looks like you've just shaved it off instead of gone bald. Don't really get it, you still don't have hair, but I guess the point is that everyone thinks it was your choice? I don't know.

If you're gonna be bald you may as well embrace it, plus tattoo's are mega painful. I have the hypersensitivity so that wouldn't work.

I shall just wear my baldness with positivity. I shall rename to baldilocks. I will recruit 3 bears, armoured bears with laser eyes, and we will overthrow the government and it will then be a legal requirement to be bald. I shall be princess baldilocks and the 3 armoured bears.

Seriously tho if I did actually go bald I wouldn't give a s**t it's just one less responsibility lol.

This post made me laugh. :lol:

You have a great sense of humour, Lunella. :)

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2023, 9:26 am

Covid...took a bunch 50% of my hair away, i added daily high dose biotin, to fight it Cut it much shorter to appear like it still has some body left to it ...The biotin seemed to help alot! . :D :D ...Jewish GF had issues with baldness
started Rogaine.. swears by it now . Think you have to use it regularily for a long period of time. She got her hair back . But was going through change of life, idk if it was connected?

Agrees on Lunelkas sense of creative humour :lol: :D :D :mrgreen:

where ever you go ,there you are

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2023, 9:40 am

Lunella wrote:
Seriously tho if I did actually go bald I wouldn't give a s**t it's just one less responsibility lol.

That's great, if you truly don't care. For a lot of people at least some, and possibly a lot, of their self-esteem is tied up in their self-image. Not having hair really changes the way you look and that can be quite shocking, particularly if it happens quickly.

As an anxious and introverted teenager my hair was part of my shield from the world. I could hide behind it a bit and play with it. Losing it was like losing a piece of armour. Your bears might be able to tell you how distressing that could be.

But there are undoubtedly benefits to being bald. You don't have to go to the barbers. You don't have to worry if your hair looks good or bad or greasy or anything. You don't get it caught and have your whole head pulled into fast rotating machinery.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2023, 12:25 pm

Lunella wrote:
DuckHairback wrote:
One thing you can do is have speckles tattooed on your head so it looks like you've just shaved it off instead of gone bald. Don't really get it, you still don't have hair, but I guess the point is that everyone thinks it was your choice? I don't know.

If you're gonna be bald you may as well embrace it, plus tattoo's are mega painful. I have the hypersensitivity so that wouldn't work.

I shall just wear my baldness with positivity. I shall rename to baldilocks. I will recruit 3 bears, armoured bears with laser eyes, and we will overthrow the government and it will then be a legal requirement to be bald. I shall be princess baldilocks and the 3 armoured bears.

Yes, that's pretty much what happened. When I noticed it, I freaked out and cut my hair incredibly close. In recent years, I've often allowed it to grow longer, but right now I'm shaving it down to the skin most of the time. It's kind of nice as I work very hard and having a nice cool breeze on my noggin while I move about is quite pleasant.

A few years back my Dad lost nearly all the hair he had remaining suddenly, so he's completely bald on the head, except for a beard. I'm completely bald on my head except for the mustache that I don't shave.

Then again, I'm fortunate to have a nicely shaped cranium, so I didn't have that trade off to consider.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2023, 4:39 am

Lunella wrote:
If you're gonna be bald you may as well embrace it

I think that's true. It's a pitiful thing to see when somebody unsuccessfully tries to disguise it. People make very cruel jokes about men with comb-overs.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2023, 7:51 am

ToughDiamond wrote:
Lunella wrote:
If you're gonna be bald you may as well embrace it

I think that's true. It's a pitiful thing to see when somebody unsuccessfully tries to disguise it. People make very cruel jokes about men with comb-overs.

Comb-overs are typically awful. :lol:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Dec 2023, 2:34 pm

I know this thread has been inactive for a while but a bit of the posters are still on WP & I was gonna list some various things that can sometimes help with hair loss in case anyone is interested but I wasn't on my computer much for a while & then forgot about this thread.

Anyways... I already mentioned the approved meds so I won't cover them in this post. Vitamins like Biotin, B complex vitamins, & vitamin E can sometimes help with hair loss in general. Various hair supplements & shampoos contain those vitamins.

Saw Palmetto is a supplement that could potentially help with male-pattern baldness. Saw Palmetto is used for benign prostatic hyperplasia which is the same use meds like Finasterside & Avodart were originally used for. Saw Palmetto might could have an effect on hormones like blocking/reducing DHT. Some various hair loss supplements for guys contain it. I'm not very sure how it would affect women who are experiencing hormone issues &/or male-pattern baldness. I would guess it could potentially help women experiencing those issues but women probably should not take it if they are pregnant or planning to become pregnant since hormone affects might affect a fetus. That wording sounds crude to me but I'm not really sure how to phrase it better right now. My girlfriend does have a little hair loss & probably has some hormone imbalances like higher testosterone. Cass might be interested in trying Saw Palmetto but she recently switched her GP doc & plans to discuss hormone issues at some point after discussing a few other things so she wants to see how that plays out before trying. Me &/or her would do a little research first into how Saw Palmetto could affect women & birth control before she'll try too.

A shampoo that might potentially help with male-pattern baldness is Nizoral witch contains Ketoconazole. Ketoconazol's main use is to treat dandruff but it's also thought to have some very slight effects on blocking DHT in the hair follicles. Ketoconazole shampoo comes in two strengths, 1% & 2%. In the US the the 2% requires a prescription while the 1% does not & 1% is usually on the isle next to other shampoos. However in some other countries like Europe, Australia, & even Canada the 2% does not require a prescription. Despite living in the US I'm able to buy the 2% online on various sites without a prescription. My doc also recently prescribed the 2% to me for dandruff(I mentioned my head itching) which is a lot cheaper for me due to my insurance. I'm not supposed to use it every day for an extended period but I never noticed any negative effects from that. This way I won't need to order it online as soon. Getting it prescribed reminded me about this thread.

Disclaimer time :arrow:
These are just ideas to consider if someone is interested. Individual experiences could potentially majorly vary & my only actual recommendation is to strongly encourage everyone to do some of their own research before trying meds or supplements instead of just taking my word or any one else's. My experiences in the healthcare system started being a lot better after I started taking a more proactive role with my health instead of just complaining about things & automatically trusting my doc & psych.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition