Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2023, 6:00 pm

Used to have to avoid milk until I was healed in my mid 40's. Grew up on goats milk as we had goats and neighbours also kept goats, but evetually in my teens had sudden itchy rashes amplified with milk.
During this time I eventually.wanted alternatives, so I tried soya but was alarmed when soya glued up my water works! SO KEEP OFF SOYA AS IT IS CONCERNING TO NOT BE ABLE TO PEE WHEN ONE IS FULL AND NEEDS TO GO! SOYA WAS LIKE GLUE! Tried not having it and then tried it again and system glued up again!
Oat milk was fine and tasted nice as well, but was hard to get as demand was such it was rarely in stock.
Eventually got absolutley fed up and determined so I prayed to be healed and I was.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2023, 6:54 pm

Pecan milk.... but would love to try hemp or Macadamia milk too. :D

where ever you go ,there you are

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2023, 8:03 pm

Jakki wrote:
Pecan milk.... but would love to try hemp or Macadamia milk too. :D

Isn't it toucan milk? Not heard of it.

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2023, 8:11 pm

I like oat milk, soy milk, and this cows milk alternative called Next Milk. It is a blend of plant milks with vitamins, and isn't much more expensive than other plant milks. Sometimes the "whole" milk version is cheaper. I have a dairy allergy so I have drank a lot of different milk alternatives. lol

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2023, 11:23 am

Long-life unsweetened soya milk. Current source is only 50p per litre. It's got a few added vitamins and minerals to give it the same kind of profile as cow's milk, which is useful for vegan-leaning people such as myself. The best soya milk I can get in the USA is nothing but soya and water, but it tastes much the same.

I've not tried the other types much. I don't like sweetened or flavoured soya milk, and the kinds they keep refrigerated even before opening are too expensive for me to take seriously.

I used to have trouble with soya milk curdling in coffee, but I stopped drinking coffee anyway to stop my teeth staining so readily, so that's no longer a problem.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2023, 12:03 pm

Soy milk is the least rancid one. It goes alright in a cup of tea.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2023, 8:06 am

Turns out I was wrong and I'm not lactose intolerant after all. Ended up being a different issue. Still a useful thread though.