Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Weight Of Memory
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Aug 2023, 8:31 pm

I've been happily using a particular style of inexpensive Sony earbuds for a decade, but headphone jacks seem to be a thing of the past so I need to get something with Bluetooth so I can still listen to my music without bothering others.

The problem I've always had with most earbuds is that they go into your ear canal, which I find uncomfortable. I love the earbuds I've been using because, although they are in-ear, they just sit over the ear canal. A tiny flat speaker; no ear tip. Similar to this:

Anyone know of wireless earbuds like this?

I don't want to switch to big big headphones that cover my ears.

Blue_Star
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Aug 2023, 5:47 pm

I can't help with earbuds as I strongly dislike them. However, many Motorolas still have a headphone jack. Where Samsung went hard into no jack, Motorola considers having a headphone jack a selling point. The Moto takes an SD card still, as well.

I went happily from a Samsung Note to a Motorola 5G Stylus. Much cheaper (half the cost to purchase), has a headphone jack, and still has the stylus. The stylus is not as accurate as the Samsung's, but it suffices for my purposes.

markitzero
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2023, 10:13 am

I have a Samsung A51 it is not a flag ship phone but it still has a 3.5mm TRRS"4 ring" Jack. I have had to use it if I forget to charge my Bluetooth headphones. I use to use earbuds there was one type the company Philips made but I stopped finding them in store, I didn't have sensory issues with them.