Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2023, 10:39 am

I was thinking about dying my hair pink, getting pink highlights, or just getting my tips done. What do you guys think? Have any of you ever dyed your hair pink before? I don't really know what to expect.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2023, 10:46 am

My daughter did it two years ago when she was in LA.
She's young and crazy beautiful so it looked great.
It cost a fortune for her to get it done professionally so it wouldn't look cheap.

We should all be able to dye our hair any colour.
I just don't think it works well with older complexions.
Somehow it can make older women look sallow.
Sometimes it makes women look older too, because they seem desperate.
Just my opinion.

*Oh wait, it was only one year ago. My bad.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2023, 11:03 am

TwilightPrincess wrote:
I was thinking about dying my hair pink, getting pink highlights, or just getting my tips done. What do you guys think? Have any of you ever dyed your hair pink before? I don't really know what to expect.

I've never dyed my hair pink before, but I find it to be pretty when a woman does it, providing she has thick enough hair to carry the effect.

GeekyFreak
Raven
Raven

06 Aug 2023, 12:02 pm

Depends on you. I've done pink streaks, all over pink and red, pink/red ombre, and so on.

I don't like lighter colors because they tend to fade faster but if you don't mind that, no problem. Also keep in mind the lightening requirements for the shade you want. My hair is naturally black so I bleached no further than orange. Had darker shades that would pop in the sun.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2023, 12:23 pm

My grandmother had light mauve hair.
It had turned white but she put a tint in it with a product that old ladies used to use.

I can't think of the name of it but it'll come to me.
I can picture the bottle as clear as day.

Some old ladies had soft pink hair too, so I always think of that.

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2023, 2:05 am

Currently I have a faded(time to go back to the salon) teal peekaboo. I have not done pink, but I've seen plenty of pictures of those that have. It's simple enough to search for those kinds of pics if you're just looking to get an idea of what it'd look like.

If you go for some pink and not all over, how much it pops will depend on the color of the rest of your hair. The amount of time you're sitting in the chair will vary depending on if you're bleaching first and what exactly you have done. But you can expect to be there awhile.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2023, 10:47 am

TwilightPrincess wrote:
I was thinking about dying my hair pink, getting pink highlights, or just getting my tips done. What do you guys think?

I used to dislike such things on aesthetic grounds, but now I think it's a good thing.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2023, 11:08 am

I have had literally every colour hair over the years, one thing to be aware of if you ever go to rural areas is to expect a lot of disrespect and having to put a brave face on and many stares. Unfortunately. :roll:

Otherwise pink is good, but it can be hard to match with other colours depending on which type of pink you end up with after the dying process. Preference obvs. Good luck.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2023, 11:17 am

Lunella wrote:
I have had literally every colour hair over the years, one thing to be aware of if you ever go to rural areas is to expect a lot of disrespect and having to put a brave face on and many stares. Unfortunately. :roll:

And then those people turn around and wonder why so many people don't respect them. :roll:

If they behave deplorably...

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2023, 11:26 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Lunella wrote:

And then those people turn around and wonder why so many people don't respect them. :roll:

If they behave deplorably...

Pretty much yeah. I live in a small town now and have had to go back to being Barbie because it's too stressful having so much unwanted attention from the locals. I can be colourful in my personality I guess, better than nothing.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2023, 5:57 pm

If your hair, when pink, is the same as in your profile picture, Lunella, it looks fine. I don't think it looks unusual even by today's standards.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2023, 6:00 pm

^ The point wasn't that it didn't look fine. It was attracting unwanted attention from conservative people. I know what that's like because I've experienced something similar when I did something unique with my hair before. Being markedly different can be stressful, especially among closeminded people.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2023, 6:15 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
^ The point wasn't that it didn't look fine. It was attracting unwanted attention from conservative people. I know what that's like because I've experienced something similar when I did something unique with my hair before. Being markedly different can be stressful, especially among closeminded people.

That's why I said by today's standards.

In my opinion, people's choice of hairstyle today is more conservative than it ever has been. Pretty much everyone in my city has a standard, conforming hair cut, in the 20-40 age bracket, whereas back in the 1960's and 1970's for instance, you had all kinds of things. Men with super long fine hair, men with afros, men with dreadlocks, women with orange (not ginger, but neon orange) hair and so on.

Looking at music videos from that era versus now can inform anyone of that fact.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2023, 6:23 pm

^ There's a lot of variation when it comes to locales. Some areas are more conservative than others. My town has always been conservative.

Music videos have never been a true reflection of the real world, except, perhaps, among the specific demographic they are/were trying to depict. Even then, it's typically more fantasy than reality.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2023, 6:25 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
^ There's a lot of variation when it comes to locales. Some areas are more conservative than others and have been so for decades.

Music videos have never been a true reflection of the real world, except, perhaps, among the specific demographic they are/were trying to depict. Even then, it's typically more fantasy than reality.

Well, there were the hippies of the 1960's, for example, which was a sizeable movement. And capitalism was less strong back then in the UK at least (I know you are not from there/here).

But I agree that music videos are not a direct reflection of reality of course. A lot of them reflect more of the entertainment industry than anything.

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2023, 6:27 pm

Go for it! And share pictures, if comfortable :)

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD