FFXIV 50%  50%  [ 5 ]
GW2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
WoW 50%  50%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 10

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2023, 12:21 pm

I don't know which one to play so I guess I'll go with whatever gets the most votes. I already have an account on each I'm a very old player on all of them but I can't really decide where to return to for an extended period of time so I was wondering if anyone else might enlighten me on why XY/Z is better.

I am what you call a gold hoarder, I love farming and collecting things. In game currency making is always my favourite which is why I'm torn the most between FFXIV and WoW. GW2 isn't that fun in this aspect but it is good in community and completion.

However WoW has the worst community, FFXIV the best and GW2 sits in the middle with most things.

I have 100% completion on Genshin Impact and now I need something a bit more social, however I don't like the raiding much which is why I like GW2 because you can just do the main story quests solo if you wanted to.

WoW I do like the occasional PVP though because you can actually have fun at any level and any gear, GW2 a similar but much more fun when it comes to PVP zergs.

Urgh just deciding which one is making me sleepy I'm gonna go lay down. :lol:

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2023, 10:17 am

I've only played 14 and GW, but I think I prefer 14. They both have advantages and disadvantages. GW offers more freedom of movement, but I personally find the builds and classes in 14 to be more interesting. Further: Arenanet's business practices are more toxic than Square's (not that the latter is exactly great, but still).

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2023, 10:45 am

roronoa79 wrote:
I've only played 14 and GW, but I think I prefer 14. They both have advantages and disadvantages. GW offers more freedom of movement, but I personally find the builds and classes in 14 to be more interesting. Further: Arenanet's business practices are more toxic than Square's (not that the latter is exactly great, but still).

Interesting, I'm really out of the loop on Anet what have they done now?

Yeah GW and WoW are very stuck in one place not much moving around I guess.

I just wish these games would get some kind of graphical update on the whole, WoW still looks ok because they went with the cartoon theme so it makes sense.

I've logged into FFXIV, turns out there's a whole team of NPCs you can take in a dungeon instead which is good for now. I need to figure out how to use GShade again though it looks very bland.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2023, 3:59 pm

I have always liked Final Fantasy's single player aspect and I have heard good things about the multiplayer. So I would go with that.

I have seen videos of WoW and it doesn't really appeal to me. Is GW2 a reference to Guild Wars?

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2023, 11:04 pm

I'm not good with acronyms.
I figured out FFXIV is Final Fantasy XIV, but I've never played it.
I know WoW is World of Warcraft, which I do play, but not in a group.
I haven't figured out what GW2 is yet. :(

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2023, 9:25 am

pcgoblin wrote:
I'm not good with acronyms.
I figured out FFXIV is Final Fantasy XIV, but I've never played it.
I know WoW is World of Warcraft, which I do play, but not in a group.
I haven't figured out what GW2 is yet. :(

Guild Wars 2, I'd wager.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2023, 9:28 am

I don't play MMOs, and don't know what GW is :)

I do like PSO though...PSO2 was pretty fun for a while, but I don't like how much grinding they added.
PSO New Genesis seems alright, but when it dropped, it was severely lacking compared to PSO2, and broke a lot of things, and we all lost interest.
I'm sure it must be better by now. I know they fixed some of the cosmetics bugs before we stopped playing.

I still gotta finish PSO2's story mode, but the game got uninstalled, and I'd have to clear out a LOT of space to get it reinstalled again.

Sailon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Sep 2023, 1:57 pm

I say World of Warcraft. I haven't played in years, it was a great experience at the time though.

Patrick22348
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Sep 2023, 8:32 pm

If you are playing the first time, nothing is better than WoW, just don't pay to play wow but use the private servers, like Ascension WoW.
FFXIV and GW2 are ok.