Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Aug 2023, 9:26 pm

I quit my medication. I didn't think I needed it. I thought I was doing well. I stopped getting dressed and wore the same clothes for days. I couldn't get out of bed for a whole day. I tried to start my own religion again. I started thinking I was famous and that I needed to go to Alaska. I stopped caring about my appearance.

I didn't brush my teeth for a while and I got really really bad knots in my hair. I started planning my honeymoon as well. I started speaking fluent gibberish as well and thought I could speak a different language. It really worried my family because I spent hours trying to see what language it was and they kept telling me I was not well and I just responded in the language I somehow made up. I ended up in the psych ward because of that. I am now on an injection for Ability. I have to go to counselling too. I think I'm doing so much better but it's still a difficult process. I just feel shame because it scared people and Im sad because it was not real.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2023, 9:52 pm

*hug*

I'm sorry you went through that.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2023, 10:15 am

It is normal to feel embarrassed about such things where/when applicable. Mental health is poorly understood & there is stigma attached, which doesn't help.

I hope you feel better, soon.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2023, 10:23 am

It happens. Don't stress about it.

Someone in my family often gets this way where they think they don't need meds anymore but it's actually the meds that is keeping them in a stable state of mind somehow. Then they stop taking them and all hell breaks loose.

It's very common.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2023, 3:00 pm

^ Lunella speaks sense.

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2023, 12:58 am

I'm sorry fren.

There are times I go off my meds, and while I don't deal with psychosis I definitely learn - each time - that taking my meds is important.

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD