Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Aug 2023, 9:26 pm

I quit my medication. I didn't think I needed it. I thought I was doing well. I stopped getting dressed and wore the same clothes for days. I couldn't get out of bed for a whole day. I tried to start my own religion again. I started thinking I was famous and that I needed to go to Alaska. I stopped caring about my appearance.

I didn't brush my teeth for a while and I got really really bad knots in my hair. I started planning my honeymoon as well. I started speaking fluent gibberish as well and thought I could speak a different language. It really worried my family because I spent hours trying to see what language it was and they kept telling me I was not well and I just responded in the language I somehow made up. I ended up in the psych ward because of that. I am now on an injection for Ability. I have to go to counselling too. I think I'm doing so much better but it's still a difficult process. I just feel shame because it scared people and Im sad because it was not real.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2023, 9:52 pm

*hug*

I'm sorry you went through that.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2023, 10:15 am

It is normal to feel embarrassed about such things where/when applicable. Mental health is poorly understood & there is stigma attached, which doesn't help.

I hope you feel better, soon.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2023, 10:23 am

It happens. Don't stress about it.

Someone in my family often gets this way where they think they don't need meds anymore but it's actually the meds that is keeping them in a stable state of mind somehow. Then they stop taking them and all hell breaks loose.

It's very common.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2023, 3:00 pm

^ Lunella speaks sense.

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2023, 12:58 am

I'm sorry fren.

There are times I go off my meds, and while I don't deal with psychosis I definitely learn - each time - that taking my meds is important.

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD