Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2023, 11:35 am

What kind of food do you like, that most people don't like?

What kind of food do most people like, that you don't like?

What kind of food did you used to like and suddenly stop liking?

What kind of food did you used to dislike, that you suddenly started liking?

What kind of food have you drastically reduced consumption of, because of cost, convenience, or health or any other reason?

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2023, 5:39 am

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:

Anything with hot spices in it. I still don't see why anybody would like something that burns the mouth and causes diarrhoeia.

david_tay
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Oct 2023, 9:33 pm

I really don't like when the rice has a color and i'm not really fond of eggs. but I am really underweight and they suggest that I should eat a lot that has protein and one source of protein is eggs. Do you have any alternative? I want to build muscles and gain weight.

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2023, 1:01 pm

I am not a huge fan of meat. I don't eat enough protein according to most formulas, but so what? Meat and protein is expensive and I eat what I enjoy.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2023, 5:36 pm

It's not hard to get more than enough protein without eating meat. Cheaper, better for the planet, better for your health, better for animals. I originally gave up meat for many reasons, the biggest of which was that I knew I was too lazy to store and cook meat properly and I didn't fancy getting salmonella.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2023, 6:08 pm

I have reduced my intake of sugar, since I started piling on the pounds, in an effort of damage control.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2023, 11:06 am

What kind of food have you drastically reduced consumption of, because of cost, convenience, or health or any other reason?

I eat three meals a day and I don't really snack. If I'm hungry in between I drink lactose free milk. I'm really disciplined with my diet as I am with quite a few other aspects of my life. Just trying to maintain order within disorder really.

I don't have much sugar in my diet as I am aware of diabetes as I am getting older so I try to keep my midriff to a minimum.

I recently started eating beans and they are full of goodness, cheap and low in fat and I didn't used to like them. I also cut down on bread because it's not good for the waistline.

I don't eat fast foods such as Macdonalds, Subway, Domino's pizza etc because to me it's just not food.

There I think I've answered your question

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2023, 10:57 pm

Green tea with soya milk, assuming it's unpopular. It's a hard question to answer because I don't know what most people dislike.
Quote:

Similarly, I don't know what most people like. But assuming the following foods are popular, then raw onions, hot spices, water, steak, okra, ham, beefburgers, Asti Spumante, sugary snacks, processed foods.......and many more.
Quote:

Nothing sudden, as far as I remember.
Quote:

Ditto.
Quote:

Meat, fish, pop (down to zero).

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2023, 8:14 am

Don't think there's anything I like that most people don't.

Quote:

Not a fan of spicy hot food, all but the mildest curries are a no-no for me.

Baked beans

Peanut butter

Quote:

Once I've vomited something up I usually cant eat it again. Marzipan, tomato soup, Snickers, seafood.

Quote:

When I was a kid I didn't like some food that most kids do - pizza, fries, burgers I didn't like. I like them fine now.

Quote:

Sugar, sweets, chocolate, tea, bread, pasta, pulses, most refined carbohydrates are gone for the minute.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2023, 8:54 am

I can't stand marzipan either or anything that tastes like almonds

Velorum
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2023, 9:09 am

I am diagnosed with Avoidant & Restricted Food Intake Disorder (ARFID) which in its various forms is quite common among the Autistic community.

When younger I was thought at times to suffer from Anorexia - however my avoidance and restrictions are nothing to do with body image, unresolved trauma or attachment issues. Its all about my sensory sensitivities and preferences combined with the connotations that various food items have for me.

I only consume 4 different food items:

Nutritionally balanced meal replacement bars (delivered in bulk monthly from Holland)
Jacobs Cream Crackers
Twiglets
Oat milk (in tea or coffee)

And thats it. Nothing else. When I am out and about I take supplies of the above with me. I have an emergency supply in my car.

When I go on holiday (I went to Spain this year) I take all the meal replacement bars that I will need until I get home.

I never eat with anyone else.

This works for me.

Due to differences with my interoception I rarely experience hunger so have set times to eat. Not feeling thirsty is more of a problem and I have to make a real effort to remember to drink. Food is simply fuel to me - and something of an irritating and inconvenient necessity.

I monitor my weight weekly and make adjustments if it goes down. At 9st 5lb I am at the bottom of the healthy weight range for my height (5'11") so need to be careful.

Non-binary member of the LGBTQ+ community

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2023, 9:36 am

Eating anything is strictly optional for me. If I don't want to eat anything, I don't have to.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2023, 9:41 am

Velorum wrote:
I am diagnosed with Avoidant & Restricted Food Intake Disorder (ARFID) which in its various forms is quite common among the Autistic community.

When younger I was thought at times to suffer from Anorexia - however my avoidance and restrictions are nothing to do with body image, unresolved trauma or attachment issues. Its all about my sensory sensitivities and preferences combined with the connotations that various food items have for me.

Nutritionally balanced meal replacement bars (delivered in bulk monthly from Holland)
Jacobs Cream Crackers
Twiglets

And thats it. Nothing else. When I am out and about I take supplies of the above with me. I have an emergency supply in my car.

When I go on holiday (I went to Spain this year) I take all the meal replacement bars that I will need until I get home.

This works for me.

Due to differences with my interoception I rarely experience hunger so have set times to eat. Not feeling thirsty is more of a problem and I have to make a real effort to remember to drink. Food is simply fuel to me - and something of an irritating and inconvenient necessity.

I monitor my weight weekly and make adjustments if it goes down. At 9st 5lb I am at the bottom
of the healthy weight range for my height (5'11") so need to be careful.

You diet reminds me of rationing during war, or a survival diet. And you do it by choice? :o

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2023, 7:38 pm

Broccoli.

Shrimp

Idk.

Idk.

Sugary stuff, due to diabetes.

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2023, 11:29 am

Velorum wrote:

Jacobs Cream Crackers
Twiglets

This works for me.

I monitor my weight weekly and make adjustments if it goes down. At 9st 5lb I am at the bottom of the healthy weight range for my height (5'11") so need to be careful.

I read that a near-starvation diet significantly prolongs life expectancy and that the general health of those on such a diet is better during their old age. So you may be in for a bonus, if there's anything in that research.

I don't eat much myself, so I'm hoping for a similar benefit, though it's not unusual for me to be underslept, which seems to make me crave food and rather spoils the game. Still, I was surprised to find myself as healthy as I am at my age. I'm pretty sure modern humans generally eat too much.

Velorum
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2023, 4:25 am

It might seem austere but I love it!

I never have to plan ahead and the routine of having the same thing everyday is calming to me.

I make sure that I get at least 1600 calories every day which my BMR has been calculated at.

I sometimes wonder whether my diet is linked in some way to being 'young for my age' - not sure. When seeing a medical consultant recently regarding EDS they said that I presented as someone about 15 years younger than my chronological age. However I am aware that many with EDS look younger due to skin elasticity so it may be nothing to do with diet.

My personal opinion is that due to the way we have evolved we are ill equipped to live in a world where we have easy access to food 24/7 with the pressure of a capitalist system that promotes eating often food with poor nutritional content much of which is bad for you. Thats the Western industrialised world of course. Its interesting to look at the generally better physical health of certain parts of the world where there is not this level of access to food.

Non-binary member of the LGBTQ+ community