I'm moving and I am scared

Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2023, 4:08 pm

honeytoast wrote:
Stuff is packed and ready to be transported. Applied to some jobs around the area. Had another little cry because I am having anxiety about finding a new job.
It appears you are in good hands (your own!).

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2023, 9:40 pm

so far I've gotten two rejection emails. :?

really trying not to think the worst but I just need to keep applying until I find something. I have a couple of boxes, a suitcase of clothes, a plastic drawer, a tv + dvd player, and some other little knick-knacks left to take with me. I might sell the TV to get a couple of bucks.

had another cry, but I am doing my best.

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2023, 9:43 pm

{{{ honeytoast }}}

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2023, 9:59 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
{{{ honeytoast }}}

:heart: :heart: thank you

~~~~

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2023, 5:23 pm

Heard back from a job today. They basically said I passed the minimum requirements and I will possibly hear back from them in about 11-13 days. Such a long wait time. I'm not sure if I'm good enough to land an interview, but I like to be optimistic. I applied for a couple of remote positions today but I am not sure if I will hear anything from them since a ton of people apply for them. 75+ applicants. How can I possibly stand out among that many people? :<

I'm still figuring out some dates in regard to moving out. Boyfriend is going to be busy with harvesting his crops in a couple of weeks. I also have to travel back home and see my family since my sibling is having their birthday soon. Too. Much. Driving.

~~~~

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2023, 7:30 pm

I might be in a similar position soon...the (now-ex) GF wants to move out, and that will leave me and our son (and my cat) without any income and eventually without a home...no idea what we're going to do...

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2023, 7:13 pm

I had my job interview and I know I did SO AWESOME at it. I was very prepared, hardly any questions baffled me. I did my ol' party trick to calm my nerves. However if they offered, I will not accept the position because I feel it would be quite detrimental to my mental health. They heavily hinted that I would deal with individuals who often would be quite angry.

~~~~

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2023, 7:14 pm

honeytoast wrote:
I had my job interview and I know I did SO AWESOME at it. I was very prepared, hardly any questions baffled me. I did my ol' party trick to calm my nerves. However if they offered, I will not accept the position because I feel it would be quite detrimental to my mental health. They heavily hinted that I would deal with individuals who often would be quite angry.

What type of job is it?

You can usually tell a job is not suitable by the job description, unless an employer is being dishonest when having those written/advertised.

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2023, 7:19 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
honeytoast wrote:

What type of job is it?

You can usually tell a job is not suitable by the job description, unless an employer is being dishonest when having those written/advertised.

i don't want to go into too many details, but it was a kind of social work job. i made the assumption i'd handle some calls and mostly due paperwork, but during the interview, they illuded to much more public relations than i'd like.

they (the interviewers) were quite rude too. :roll:

~~~~

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2023, 5:55 pm

i don't have to quit my job!! !! they're offering me to stay on and work remotely. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

~~~~

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2023, 7:14 pm

honeytoast wrote:
i don't have to quit my job!! ! ! they're offering me to stay on and work remotely. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Congratulations, honeytoast! :)

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2023, 9:08 pm

Moved even more of my things to my boyfriend's (mine as well??) apartment this weekend. I think I need to get some boxes from the hardware store or somewhere that sells cardboard boxes because I have so many little things. I also took almost all of my suitcases and all I have is my old, ratty little one.

The nerves are back now. I'm scared of feeling alone and not having any friends except my boyfriend and his friends. I want to try things like book clubs, or volunteering but I don't know what to do. My boyfriend is going to put me in a class in the winter and I'm already getting anxious about that. Part of me wants to stay at home all day, but since I'll be working all day I'm going to get cabin fever. I'm going to lose things, and getting food won't be as convenient, so I don't know how to adjust.

AAAAAAA I can literally do the same thing I do right now, it's just going to be in a different town, in a different state. My brain is so stupid.

~~~~

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2023, 10:27 pm

honeytoast wrote:
Moved even more of my things to my boyfriend's (mine as well??) apartment this weekend. I think I need to get some boxes from the hardware store or somewhere that sells cardboard boxes because I have so many little things. I also took almost all of my suitcases and all I have is my old, ratty little one.

The nerves are back now. I'm scared of feeling alone and not having any friends except my boyfriend and his friends. I want to try things like book clubs, or volunteering but I don't know what to do. My boyfriend is going to put me in a class in the winter and I'm already getting anxious about that. Part of me wants to stay at home all day, but since I'll be working all day I'm going to get cabin fever. I'm going to lose things, and getting food won't be as convenient, so I don't know how to adjust.

AAAAAAA I can literally do the same thing I do right now, it's just going to be in a different town, in a different state. My brain is so stupid.

((( honeytoast))) not stupid...maybe alittle overwelmed?. :?:

where ever you go ,there you are

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2023, 12:38 am

honeytoast wrote:

Change is hard for most people & especially autistic folk. But you'll get through it, HT. :)

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2023, 8:05 am

My roommate moved out this morning. It was the first cold morning we had here. Fall has arrived and the grass was crunching underneath my shoes. We said goodbye and he left.

I have one more week until I need to GTFO. I should pack, instead, I'm just on my computer resting from all the packing I did yesterday. Ah well.

~~~~

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2023, 11:53 am

gotta have rest inbetween...otherwise a serious drain on your spoons could put a kink in moving plans ...?
((Honeytoast)) :D

where ever you go ,there you are