Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2023, 3:37 pm

I am going to my friends funeral 17th august. He did like to do drugs like cocaine/ketamine etc and 2 months ago he passed away alone in his apartment aged only 41.

I was talking to my friend about this by text and he said “Nothing conclusive but I think just he died from natural causes” and he continued “Can’t even blame it on drugs”

So my question is it normal to these days to die naturally at 41 years of age?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2023, 3:41 pm

Natural causes can mean many things; like for example, dying from heart failure would be described as natural causes.

Most people don't die in their 40s from heart failure, but some people have heart issues and they don't always know about them.

Further, stimulant abuse can make one more prone to heart issues, even when they're not actively consuming stimulants.

No, it's not normal but that doesn't mean that natural causes isn't an accurate reason to list.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2023, 3:45 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Natural causes can mean many things; like for example, dying from heart failure would be described as natural causes.

Most people don't die in their 40s from heart failure, but some people have heart issues and they don't always know about them.

Further, stimulant abuse can make one more prone to heart issues, even when they're not actively consuming stimulants.

No, it's not normal but that doesn't mean that natural causes isn't an accurate reason to list.

I remember my friend had really bad flautlance which can indicate something is wrong in the body.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2023, 3:58 pm

Jamesy wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

I remember my friend had really bad flautlance which can indicate something is wrong in the body.

I hope that doesn't make the eulogy, unless your friend would find it funny. :skull:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2023, 4:02 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

I hope that doesn't make the eulogy, unless your friend would find it funny. :skull:

Thing is a lot of men do not like seeing the doctor which means they may have underlying health problems.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2023, 4:09 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Thing is a lot of men do not like seeing the doctor which means they may have underlying health problems.

Absolutely. Too many guys get the idea that taking care of themselves and seeking help is weak.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2023, 4:27 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Absolutely. Too many guys get the idea that taking care of themselves and seeking help is weak.

I personally don’t like seeing the doctor because of ‘fear’ not weakness as such.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2023, 4:47 pm

There are genetic disorders that result in early death.

Adrenoleukodystrophy is one such disease.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2023, 4:48 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

^ All of the above.

I would suspect stimulant abuse had something to do with the dude dying almost 40 years before the average life expectancy for a male in the UK. Assuming he is from the UK, which is where you are from, Jamesy.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2023, 4:59 pm

Yeah my friend died in Bristol UK.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2023, 5:08 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Yeah my friend died in Bristol UK.

RIP to your friend, Jamesy.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2023, 9:29 pm

It's important to point out upfront that "dying of natural causes" is not a medical term.  It is more of a term used to communicate with people outside the medical field.  A lot of times, what doctors use to talk to each other does not make sense to people outside the field, so they have a lot of terms to help people outside the medical field better understand.

Usually, dying from natural causes is interpreted as "nothing acute happened" -- and by "acute", nothing sudden or severe happened.

A death certificate will state more than whether a death was natural or not. The certificate will indicate the immediate, or final, cause of death and any underlying causes or conditions that led to the death.

Natural causes' is a really wide, wide term that can be anything that was not an accident or affected by a force.  It basically means that the death was not due to a 'non-natural' event, such as suicide or homicide.  It can mean that there was not any one health condition that caused death, but a combination of factors.  As such, a natural cause of death is more likely to be listed as the cause of death for older adults whose organs have slowly worn down and come to a stop.

Source:  This article from the 'Health' website. 

So, basically, someone who died of "Natural Causes" simply stopped living.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2023, 9:44 am

Fnord wrote:
It's important to point out upfront that "dying of natural causes" is not a medical term.  It is more of a term used to communicate with people outside the medical field.  A lot of times, what doctors use to talk to each other does not make sense to people outside the field, so they have a lot of terms to help people outside the medical field better understand.

Usually, dying from natural causes is interpreted as "nothing acute happened" -- and by "acute", nothing sudden or severe happened.

A death certificate will state more than whether a death was natural or not. The certificate will indicate the immediate, or final, cause of death and any underlying causes or conditions that led to the death.

Natural causes' is a really wide, wide term that can be anything that was not an accident or affected by a force.  It basically means that the death was not due to a 'non-natural' event, such as suicide or homicide.  It can mean that there was not any one health condition that caused death, but a combination of factors.  As such, a natural cause of death is more likely to be listed as the cause of death for older adults whose organs have slowly worn down and come to a stop.

Source:  This article from the 'Health' website. 

So, basically, someone who died of "Natural Causes" simply stopped living.

Thanks for the information, Fnord.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2023, 6:39 am

At the funeral yesterday his brother told me he died of a ketamine/alcohol overdose.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2023, 8:45 am

Jamesy wrote:
At the funeral yesterday his brother told me he died of a ketamine/alcohol overdose.

Oh well, there you have it then.