I can't seem to feed myself with anything other than Ritz.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Checkbox
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Aug 2023, 11:33 am

It's all in the title.
This has already happened to me several times in my life. Sometimes during 2 or 3 years of monodiet.
It is sometimes extremely difficult for me to eat "normal" food because sometimes my body can hardly stand any texture.
Do you also happen to get out of the habit of eating very fast?
If so, do you have any tips to make it easier?
I have already seen my doctor in the past about this, other than asking me to eat different things, there is no point.
He doesn't know how to put himself in my shoes.

Checkbox
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Aug 2023, 12:33 pm

Oh I forgot. I had ARFID when I was young but sometimes, it seems to be coming back.
More info:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avoidant/ ... e_disorder

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2023, 9:30 am

Ritz crackers are good, and they aren't as unhealthy as if you were eating nothing but high fat foods. Make sure you take some vitamin supplements to get the other nutrients which you need, and move on to something else when you feel like it. I eat a pretty limited diet myself and seem to be doing ok so far. I am actually in pretty good health given my age (56) and have a BMI on the lower side of the normal range.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2023, 9:36 am

Assuming you aren't allergic can you put some peanut butter on it to make sure your diet has enough protein?

I found I can eat a lot more things if I cook it myself. I can adjust the recipe and cooking to my needs.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2023, 1:26 pm

Try eating something similar to Ritz crackers and then gradually expand your comfort zone