Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2023, 10:45 pm

For my whole life I have needed a lot of sleep and been a light sleeper.

Been getting the same amount and quality of sleep as usual lately

However past four months, on days off, two hours after waking up, get tired and sleep. 30 to 90 minutes.

Sleep inertia

On work days I can't do that unless I wake up before 5.

40 years old and only getting worse

I don't want to know what really drastic things are going to destroy my worthless corpse later

Graceful degradation is the best case scenario

The worst case scenario is subjective to imagination

Fecal incontinence
Urinary frequency and intensity and duration
Emotional fragility and emotional overeating
Socially awkward
Physically weaker and slower
Temperature regulation bad

Dissociation

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2023, 12:01 am

You really only need about 90 minutes a time, if you can do that 4 or 5 times a night, you'll get plenty of sleep. After I start my business, I'm planning on going back to sleeping 4 hours a day split into 2 sessions a day as that's the most rested that I've ever been. A couple hours around noon and a couple hours around midnight and I never felt so well rested in my entire life.

I personally found "The Power of When" by Breus to be the best book that I've found in terms of actually addressing my sleep problems.

swrider
Raven
Raven

22 Aug 2023, 12:29 am

Sleep is a tricky thing. I've been working on mine for years ( decades?). I've found many things that affect my sleep quality. Unfortunately we are reach unique and as such our bodies require different things.

Sleep is definitely a habit though and it sounded like you've trained yourself into a weekend habit that is different from your weekday habit.

Though I've found being more tired can be a sign I'm going into burnout... Or getting sick... Or not eating well...

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2023, 8:37 am

swrider wrote:
Sleep is a tricky thing. I've been working on mine for years ( decades?). I've found many things that affect my sleep quality. Unfortunately we are reach unique and as such our bodies require different things.

Sleep is definitely a habit though and it sounded like you've trained yourself into a weekend habit that is different from your weekday habit.

Though I've found being more tired can be a sign I'm going into burnout... Or getting sick... Or not eating well...

Yes, unfortunately feeling tired can mean a lot more than just something wrong with one's sleep. Although, I think people usually call those other tirednesses lethargy. Dehydration and stress can also do it.