Canadian singer Grimes, mother of Musk’s children comes out

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2023, 6:02 pm

Grimes Recently Learned She Is Autistic And Revealed How She Realized That Might Be The Case

Quote:
Elon Musk has been open about the fact that he has Asperger’s syndrome (which falls under the umbrella of “autism spectrum disorder,” or ASD). Now, it looks like Grimes, with whom Musk has two children, is also on the autism spectrum.

Grimes revealed this on X (formerly Twitter) last night/early this morning (August 22), tweeting, “Someone told me recently the grimes audience is hot autistic women , and now that I’m a few months into knowing I’m autistic (and no longer resent the idea), I rly have to say this is the vibe.

Another user asked, “grimes how do I know if I’m autistic,” and Grimes replied, “Idk I went to check my kids and performed worse than them on every test. I got misdiagnosed with restless leg syndrome and [schizoaffective] disorder so if anything touching ur body feels like a million burning suns staring into ur soul with their eyes etc I’d recommend checking I suppose.”

Last September, Grimes also tweeted, “sometimes I wonder like… everyone talks abt accepting everybody but if u aren’t the correct type of neurodivergent ppl just rly f*cking hate you. I can’t figure out how to read the room or act normal and I never will. Most ppl legit don’t vibe w spectrum-y folk.”

Allmusic describes her as boundary-breaking artist whose music feels like a glimpse into the future, Grimes shaped the sound and look of the 2010s and beyond.
Any fans have some Grimes song recommendations for me?

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 26 Aug 2023, 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2023, 6:15 pm

Hooray for her ...! 8O :heart: . Someone who is seemingly happy to speak out ! ....
( honestly,thought coming out usually referred to being Gay or along those lines?) :mrgreen:

where ever you go ,there you are

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2023, 6:31 pm

Jakki wrote:
Hooray for her ...! 8O :heart: . Someone who is seemingly happy to speak out ! ....
( honestly,thought coming out usually referred to being Gay or along those lines?) :mrgreen:

The expression “coming out of the closet” emerged from the LBGTQ community. But I do not see why the concept of a person from a stigmatized community revealing who they are for the purposes of lifting the burden of masking or destigmatization should not apply to autistics.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2023, 7:07 pm

Her , with her stature as being Musks wife might give her opinion in the world some traction ? So if she becomes a sort of a Aspie Activist of sorts , might go a way in helping to get Autism more recognized out there in the world ,
And possible needs of the Autistic community. 8O . Possible encouraging more research and identification of Autistic Individuals .

where ever you go ,there you are