Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2023, 2:11 pm

How do you cope with emotional overeating?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2023, 5:58 pm

More emotional overeating.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2023, 6:02 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
More emotional overeating.

Pretty much this although I’m working on it. :lol:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2023, 6:07 pm

I'm an emotional undereater. I think both are really difficult.

alwaysRootingForTheAI
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Sep 2023, 6:59 pm

This is me too :p Only solution I have found is to build an environment where I'm in a better emotional state. And rid the house of anything tastier than a watermelon.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Sep 2023, 10:04 am

I try to address & improve my emotional causes/factors when realistic & I try to take better care of my mental & physical health in general. Being on a good combo of psych meds helps with that as well. Some psych meds are approved for binge-eating. For example I take Wellbutrin/Bupropion & Naltrexone partly for binge-eating. I'm on Wellbutrin partly for depression & lack of energy. Both those meds are sometimes used for various types of addiction. My doc suggested I try the stimulant Vyvanse/Lisdexamfetamine for binge-eating but I have some concerns about being on a stimulant. I'm also on a few other psych meds for other reasons.

Another way I try managing my binge-eating is buying less snacks. I cant afford to buy snacks. Stressing about money makes me want to eat more. I really need to get a job to keep me busier & so me & my girlfriend could stress about money less but it appears I need some individual/individuals to assist me with getting some kinda gov or other group to give me employment assistance to help find a job. Needing individual assistance just to get official assistance is a major catch 22 for people with social disabilities like autism who may not have freinds or close family to help :wall: :x :(

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2023, 10:20 am

Cook meals in measured out single portions. Nothing else to eat.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2023, 10:55 am

The only way to manage emotional overeating is to discipline oneself. Without discipline, no-one is able to resist the whims of their stomach and its cravings.

With discipline, a person can set out how much they want to eat, and perhaps make a chart or log of the calories they eat so that they are not overeating.