Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

catpiecakebutter
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Aug 2023, 11:13 pm

I get huge anxiety about stuff sometimes, for example I get anxious trying to get a hold of people, waiting for stuff in the mail sometimes, PMS, I get anxious about my weight. Does anyone here get really anxious?

catpiecakebutter
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Sep 2023, 3:43 pm

Why hasn't anyone here answered my simple question?

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2023, 4:41 pm

Anxiety is highly common for autistic folk. Some of the symptoms of autism can actually be worsened by, or preceded by anxiety.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2023, 4:41 pm

catpiecakebutter wrote:
Why hasn't anyone here answered my simple question?

Sometimes threads get lost and not many people see them, and the people that do see them don't reply for whatever reason.

Last edited by blitzkrieg on 02 Sep 2023, 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2023, 11:11 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
Anxiety is highly common for autistic folk. Some of the symptoms of autism can actually be worsened by, or preceded by anxiety.

Also, sensory overwhelmed can look like anxiety and or make anxiety worse.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2023, 11:38 am

Yes, I have anxiety as well. Over the weekend, I attended a convention and made a poor choice to drink two cups of coffee. Without being aware, someone's service dog notified her owner so I could interact with her. I also talked with her owner who said that I should not have coffee at all. She said it's better to drink things that have B6 in them instead of the alternative. In fact, I ended up crashing in the middle of my Sunday at the convention and didn't feel like interacting with anything. So I left early and spent the rest of my con at home yesterday.

Actually, I am still recovering from the convention and I am in tears

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2023, 11:47 am

^ Sorry to hear you are upset, ST.

Feel better, soon. :)

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2023, 12:37 pm

Yes..am thinking anxiety can be a common trait amongst Aspies...and it is harder to process not having good support
due to societal issues ..Support makes anxiety easier to deal with . But now , i believe the basic tenet of bigger media , is to make money by inducing anxiety in the masses, cause, in their words " Anxiety sells" so you can guess the effects on the entire population at large . But will not go into the downstream effects of this for people being afraid to gather together,due to fear induced anxiety. To lessen opposition to any gov. decisions .??.

where ever you go ,there you are

spasmolytic
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Sep 2023, 1:17 pm

Anxiety is my middle name. John Anxiety Zoidberg.

Anyway yeah, I think it's pretty common. My anxiety was horrific back in high school, to the point of me dropping out because I just could not get through a day without a completely losing my s**t. Even now that I have much better control of it, it's still there, rockin in the back of my head at all times.

alwaysRootingForTheAI
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Sep 2023, 5:40 pm

Very common! I believe when I was assessed I was in the 96th percentile of people for anxiety. Some of my autistic relatives are anxious too.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

28 Sep 2023, 11:43 am

Autism can cause or contribute to us having lots of various problems. It's common for a history of bad experiences to cause anxiety. Taking longer to process things, a need for routine & predictability, not instinctively knowing the right way to act in social situations, others tending to misjudge & mistreat us can lead to bad anxiety. My anxiety was very bad at one point but being on the right psych meds helps a lot as well as being in a better living situation & a long-term stable relationship. I've tried to work on myself in various ways & tried to address some of my anxiety causes.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2023, 12:41 pm

I was diagnosed with Anxiety Disorder many years ago. In the summer of 2017, I had my first ever anxiety attack and it was a big one. Back then, I confused it for having some kind of stroke. Since then, I've lost control of my fight or flight instincts. An small to medium anxiety attacks come and go at random. Sometimes I take deep breaths until it goes away and it immediately comes back. Now I keep them at bay with yet another medication.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2023, 1:41 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
I was diagnosed with Anxiety Disorder many years ago. In the summer of 2017, I had my first ever anxiety attack and it was a big one. Back then, I confused it for having some kind of stroke. Since then, I've lost control of my fight or flight instincts. An small to medium anxiety attacks come and go at random. Sometimes I take deep breaths until it goes away and it immediately comes back. Now I keep them at bay with yet another medication.

Taking medications for psychiatric issues can be annoying, but if the benefits outweigh any side effects, then it is worth it to take them.