I did a big turn around on diet and Weight

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

markitzero
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2023, 4:30 pm

I use to weight over 300 pounds and mens US Size 44 pants but what open my eyes was last year when I was visiting with my mom's house during the summer last year I was doing side work with someone and When I got home an ambulance was coming down the street to my mom's house saying someone was complaining of chest pain I went into the house my stepdad is was in the middle of a heart attack. After that it opened my eyes my diet before I moved back to my mom's house because I was in a roommate situation were his girl would make the dinners so a lot of oily deep fried foods or fast foods. I could literally buy a pizza from the store or Little Caesars and eat the whole thing in one setting I was doing that every friday with a Tall Boy Coors Light. The changes I made

-Walk everyday for about 30 min
-Cut down to like the Red Baron French Bread Pizza
-Cut down on portions Example when I do alfredo and noodle Shells I would make enough for only 1 bowl
-Cut Sodas and now drink Water or Soda water like Perrier or Liquid Death
-Eating Salads for lunch with no dressing or other things on top

I was doing good the next part I don't recommend March 3 I broke my fibula in my left leg when I feel off a ladder after that my appetite went WAY down since I wasn't using a lot of energy and several things happened I had to deal with surgery and a pulmonary embolism so I experienced some of what a heart attack in tails and it scared me to death and further instilling that wake up call.

Recently when I got the camboot off of my left leg and got to the point were I can walk again I started to walk again and am doing physical therapy I am back up to 25 min walking daily and I do it during the heat of the day. also since the bone is still mending technically I switched from Coors Light to Coors Edge which is a non-alcoholic brew.

My weight is down to 250-254 it is bouncing up and down from me having to rebuild the muscle that I lost and all my Pants I used before march 3 which is when I broke my bone that were size 42s are all way big on me. I am continuing I recently stopped buying Junk Food like Chips, Candy and replacing it with like Grapes and melon like Watermelon, Honeydew, Cantaloup for the snacks.

neilinmich
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Sep 2023, 12:54 pm

Congratulations on your personal achievement. I know it isn't easy. So many of us are struggling with weight and healthy eating habits.
My story is similar to yours. It had to get bad before it got better.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2023, 12:56 pm

Congrats.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2023, 12:59 pm

Well done.

Self-control regarding food is a difficult thing for many people.

markitzero
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2023, 3:03 pm

I was getting to point before that were I could down a 12 pack of soda in 3 days it was bad. When my bone is fully healed I plan on going back to drinking like my Weekly Coors Light. That is another story because when it comes to Alcohol drinks I have to be careful because both sides of my family both moms and dads have Alcoholism in the family and I avoid drinking a lot because I want to keep that Alcoholism switch off in my head.