Page 4 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2024, 12:21 pm

Be honest and straightforward during conversations, while the NT complains about how hard it is to communicate with us when they're the ones being vague and practically speaking in riddles.

Talk about your favorite fictional characters as if they were real live people who are your dearest friends.

Show little to no interest in whatever fictional characters NTs love talking about.

Be intensely interested in things that people think are only for children, such as cartoons or toys. They might even think you're a predator! :D

Either speak too loudly or too quietly.

Avoid eye contact, because NTs think it means you're lying even if you're normally very truthful.

Don't smile a lot. Double points if you're female, because people in North American society love to think women who don't smile are female dogs.

Act as if small talk is the most worthless kind of talk in the world. Because it is. :twisted:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2024, 6:34 pm

An exception to the honesty and straightforwardness rule is when NTs ask you, "What are you doing this weekend?" or "Do you have a job?" or "Are you still a virgin?" Then you can either become dead silent or be vague as possible.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2024, 6:35 pm

Be an anime fan.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2024, 7:09 pm

cyberdad wrote:
It doesn't work, I've been on this forum since 2011

Out of interest, have you tried those online things to check if you might be on the spectrum? I only ask out of interest. Often those with family on the spectrum discover they hve traits.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2024, 4:06 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
It doesn't work, I've been on this forum since 2011

Out of interest, have you tried those online things to check if you might be on the spectrum? I only ask out of interest. Often those with family on the spectrum discover they hve traits.

The problem with those is that if you suspect/anxious you have ASD then you can't be objective (your final score end up being subject to confirmation bias).