Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2023, 5:28 pm

Bit of a crapshoot whether it is or isn't, it seems. Maybe depends on context & audience.

About a game of craps? No. Amongst adults? No, not really. In front of toddlers? Possibly, depends on their parents. In front of Very old people? Again, depends - some speak freely, others act like words like that are super offensive.

Know your audience, I guess.. or just roll the dice and take a crapshoot regardless of the outcome.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

27 Sep 2023, 2:57 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
George Carlin quipped that he got arrested for indecency in Las Vegas for "using the word 's**t' in a town were the biggest games is called 'craps'".
There was a band called the Punch Drunk Monkeys & the singer went by Cr@ppy The Clown. A long time ago there was a vid on YouTube of Cr@ppy The Clown singing a song about the George Carlin spiel of the 7 dirty words that can not be said on television. Unfortunately I cant find that song on YouTube now & it was not on their CD(I'm dorky enough to buy their CD) so I'll post a different song by them.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2023, 9:55 pm

I thought it wasn’t a swear word or maybe I didn’t know what it mean. Facebook used to not allow bad language, I hate seeing bad language on Facebook now. My dad have a bad mouth, he used to always swear in front of me, a really bad word, mother f**** 8O 8O :cry: I wonder if I can say this.