Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2023, 10:27 pm

All of the signs pointing to autism in my childhood went by either unnoticed or were attributed to something else. I didn't really suspect I had anything going on until my early 20s, where I felt like the entire world was moving on without me. Friends were going to college, getting married, moving away, etc. And I was stuck and unable to move forward seemingly. For years this went on, and I wondered.... what's wrong with me? Something must be wrong with me. Why can't I do the things other people are doing with seemingly no issues.

I eventually decided to google stuff, and learned about ADHD. I figured that had to be it.

I eventually went to a local state-funded mental health clinic for help. They helped me address the barriers I was facing, and with their help I was able to get myself together enough to get a proper job.

I didn't consider autism at all until this year. Getting the diagnosis this past June was an important step for me. But even just learning neurodivergent conditions existed was important and helped me feel less alone and less broken.

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2023, 4:10 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet.

You are not alone. There are many people who are a little different then the norm.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2023, 2:55 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)