Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

catabat
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Sep 2023, 12:08 am

Hello!

How do I practice good ‘self care’ in college? I feel as if I’m always tired and anxious, often to the point of nausea. I’m not sure what I should be eating, how I should exercise, what I can be doing to feel better, or how to better manage my classes.

I’m only a sophomore in college, and I want to at least go to grad school. Any tips for taking care of oneself?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2023, 12:12 am

Do you live on campus or at home?

catabat
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Sep 2023, 12:34 am

I live on Campus, in a dorm room with a roommate. We get along well, but the lack of real ‘alone time’ can upset me sometimes.

David1346
Raven
Raven

30 Dec 2023, 6:31 pm

catabat wrote:
I live on Campus, in a dorm room with a roommate. We get along well, but the lack of real ‘alone time’ can upset me sometimes.

Some universities have special housing accommodations for people on the spectrum. They may also have designated "quiet rooms" where students might go for some much needed alone time.

Have you been clinically diagnosed with autism and if so, have you told your university?

cornpop397
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Jan 2024, 2:06 pm

David1346 wrote:
catabat wrote:

Some universities have special housing accommodations for people on the spectrum. They may also have designated "quiet rooms" where students might go for some much needed alone time.

Have you been clinically diagnosed with autism and if so, have you told your university?

That's TOTAL FAKE NEWS. I really doubt that, the ableists and discriminators would get in the way of it. But then again, that's just from my perspective, and I'm only in high school. But uh- rationalism? I think I logically determined what's gonna occur.

David1346
Raven
Raven

15 Jan 2024, 4:31 pm

cornpop397 wrote:
That's TOTAL FAKE NEWS. I really doubt that, the ableists and discriminators would get in the way of it. But then again, that's just from my perspective, and I'm only in high school. But uh- rationalism? I think I logically determined what's gonna occur.

Just because you haven't had this experience doesn't mean that it doesn't exist or that it's not available. Instead of yapping "FAKE NEWS", why not google the availability of autism support at universities to confirm that these programs actually exist.

Autism support is NOT enabling. There was also no need for you to be so rude.

If you have nothing constructive to add in answer to the OP's question, why did you even bother to post?