Anyone else have no urge to make friends?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

GeekyFreak
Raven
Raven

09 Sep 2023, 10:11 am

Don't get me wrong. I don't mind people and enjoy making occasional buddies and conversations but I also don't care to do much long term. I'm married and love family members but feel meh about the general public. I have old friends but without social media, they'd be distant memories and I'm ok with that.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2023, 10:14 am

I don't want friends irl and I never really did.
I'm very happy with online friends, my partner, and my kids.

My grandparents refused to have friends and said we should only trust family.
I don't believe that, but I'm just demonstrating that other people feel this way too.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2023, 10:57 am

I have a few irl friends but don't see them often.

I like to have a few online friends, also.

jamie0.0
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Oct 2023, 4:32 am

i feel the same way at times
my social circle is limited both online and in person

I don't really have a desire to form more friendships. Dont get me wrong, i enjoy communicating with people, discussing current events, whats happening in their world.
As i have dealt with a vast time in solitude, i have come to realize that talking with people provides a good break from my own internal voice.
But the whole, add each other on social media, actively finding things to do with them, does not interest me. it never has, even in childhood.

I do hold concern though, will my voluntary solitude make me bitter in old age? will my only interaction be telling the neighborhood kids to step off my grass?

at the moment i cherish the people i surround myself in, enjoying each interaction i encounter and figure that as long as i maintain those few but quality "friends" that i would find my happiness

Campingbare
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Nov 2023, 11:19 pm

I have enough friends. I always try to treat people with respect, but I learned in elementary school most people aren't going to share my interests, and I am not likely to share theirs. If everything falls into place and someone I meet happens to fit into my world and me into theirs, then cool. But I don't invest energy to make that happen. I can't deal with more than 2 or 3 people at a time anyway.

Meyer-Briggs: INTP Comorbidities: Narcolepsy, NPD, Alexithemia, Dyspraxia, Prosopagnosia, Anomia, IBS
........................If God meant for us to go around naked, we'd have been born that way........................