Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

John Stern
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Sep 2023, 4:57 pm

Typical autism is 50/50 male and females. Aspergers is like 7 times more common in males than females. Thats very interesting. Even if we account for some underdiagnosis of female it is still 5-6 times more common in males. In my country there have been 3-4% of males under 30 years old diagnosed with ASD. Still there is no discussion about that.
Also, why are there so many Aspergerger´s people so judgemental? Is it because of the condition, or something else.
I see this a lot with Elon Musk. Even after he admitted having Aspergers, still people with Aspergers have no "sympathy" for him. I mean if he doesn´t get understanding from people with Aspergers, there is basically no hope in hell for anybody else.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2023, 5:04 pm

John Stern wrote:
Also, why are there so many Aspergerger´s people so judgemental? Is it because of the condition, or something else.
I see this a lot with Elon Musk. Even after he admitted having Aspergers, still people with Aspergers have no "sympathy" for him. I mean if he doesn´t get understanding from people with Aspergers, there is basically no hope in hell for anybody else.

He's an as*hole. Should we give him a pass simply because he has Asperger's? Autism isn't an excuse for being an as*hole.

He called someone 'pedoguy' because that person called his stupid idea stupid. That's not acceptable behaviour no matter what excuse he might offer.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2023, 5:07 pm

I don't like Elon Musk, or other ultra-capitalists who make a fortune exploiting others.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2023, 5:08 pm

As a female aspie, I have no sympathy for Elon Musk because he's an idiot.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2023, 5:22 pm

John Stern wrote:
. . . why are there so many Aspergerger´s people so judgemental?
Because we are humans.
John Stern wrote:
Is it because of the condition, or something else?
Something else.
John Stern wrote:
I see this a lot with Elon Musk.  Even after he admitted having Aspergers, still people with Aspergers have no "sympathy" for him.  I mean if he doesn't get understanding from people with Aspergers, there is basically no hope in hell for anybody else.
It is plain for everyone to see that Elon Musk is arrogant and self-serving (the same behaviors seen in Donald Trump, whom many of us also despise).  This is why we give him little sympathy.  He is also very wealthy, and would rather use his wealth to put on grand-standing performances in Science and Technology than part with a penny to provide housing, medical care, tuition, and general support for others on the ASD spectrum.

Having an ASD does not grant immunity from the judgement of others (especially legal judgement).  Mr. Musk acts like a jerk, so we treat him like a jerk.  It is as simple as that.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2023, 5:44 pm

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-res ... ces-autism
This is still under study, but it is commonly thought that because women have two X-chromosomes, genes are suppressed or deactivated. Because men have an x and a y, there is nothing to stop bad genes carried on an X-chromosome.

John Stern
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Sep 2023, 6:13 pm

BTDT,
Yes, this is interesting. Also Simon Baron Cohen has interesting theory about that. What is more interesting is why that ratio seems to be "difficult" for some people. Everything has to be equal I guess. Still crazy....

At least people here are candid about Elon Musk. I mean its still funny. Most people on social media act like him, but get little or no negative pushback.
He is not socially aware, he is of course a genius, he is allowed to be a bit "arrogant" because of his achivements. He likes to ruffle the feathers of some people. I understand that some people dislike him, but still a lot of people just hate him.
....I guess it´s just a human thing. Not Aspgerger´s. Still I would have expected more empathy from Aspergers people. I mean he was bullied a lot when he was a kid, and beaten up etc....

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2023, 6:53 pm

Well am not one to wonder on Good Ole Elon, And speaking as One Aspie, He does appear to be Autistic.
But that seems to be where it ends , Am not understanding at all , Of why he doesn't appear to be active in some Huge charitable Org that supports?? Maybe those on a much lower end of the Spectrum .
But have read recently that he "turned off " Satellite communication on his Skylink service for the Ukrainian Military to use to guide some of their War Munitions? So maybe Not so empathetic ...? but Wait someone wrote he was bullied and harassed in school . So you might think , he might have gained empathy, even a little ?
Why are these things not contiguous....What happened to his mentality..? ( humanity).?
Or did his father ? just buy the school he was at and threaten to fire everyone,if his son was not the jewel of the school ? ? ? ? :x ... So based on mere public observations,( if so allowed ).Perhaps his character did not develop as
school abused child?? but as a spoiled rich kid? . :idea: . Curious how people in big money spots tend to try to manufacture sympathy for themselves. ? So investors( people) might think of the person, "as just one of them" :skull:

where ever you go ,there you are

John Stern
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Sep 2023, 7:29 pm

Jakki,
This is so much BS.
He is pouring his own money into this Starlink for no benefit, than some media decides to make some BS story up, about him being pro Russia.
I mean this is not even stupidity, just plain evil. Nobody can be that stupid. Just portraying evil and stupidity among us human.
He is actually trying to help the Ukrainians, and gets no credit for that. Than if he doesn´t do everyhting according to plan, than he is just some evil sociopath.
I mean this like some kind of a sick cartoon.
Again. Why do Aspies behave like that. There is litterally no hope for Aspergers people. If not even they themselves cannot show tiny little understanding.....

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2023, 1:24 am

John Stern wrote:
BTDT,
Yes, this is interesting. Also Simon Baron Cohen has interesting theory about that. What is more interesting is why that ratio seems to be "difficult" for some people. Everything has to be equal I guess. Still crazy....

At least people here are candid about Elon Musk. I mean its still funny. Most people on social media act like him, but get little or no negative pushback.
He is not socially aware, he is of course a genius, he is allowed to be a bit "arrogant" because of his achivements. He likes to ruffle the feathers of some people. I understand that some people dislike him, but still a lot of people just hate him.

How exactly does being able to buy other people's inventions because you're rich make one a genius? :scratch:

He isn't a genius, he's an arrogant rich kid who proclaims himself a genius while contributing very little to society.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2023, 1:40 am

Elon Musk is photographed with Russian state TV personality Nailya Asker-Zade at the 2022 World Cup.

This photograph shows Jared Kushner, Elon Musk, and an unidentified Saudi official watching side-by-side as spectators at the 2022 FIFA World Cup final match between Argentina and France.

Tesla CEO Elon Musk and Jeffrey Epstein associate Ghislaine Maxwell are photographed together.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2023, 5:23 am

We still don't know the full story of Ellon Musk, i.e is he diagnosed or self diagnosed.

Has he got Asperger's because he did a little research on google or maybe it sounded cool for someone in tech to say they have Asperger's.

The reason i say this about him is he never really gave any further details into his diagnosis journey that most people in his position would after coming out.

As far as him is concerned i can see many seeing him as arrogant a**hole and the peado comment was very unacceptable and he should made a token compensation payment to the other guy trying to rescue kids trapped in a cave.

I like what he does with tech & he plays a useful role. Maybe most of it is BS and just for show we`ll have to wait and see.

- George Bernie Shaw

John Stern
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Sep 2023, 8:51 am

Carlos,
Ok, nice to so a little balanced post.
I am pretty sure he would never say this publicly without him being diagnosed. Maybe he should have talked more about it. Still here he is talking about it in a show (not SNL).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVBAYmY8slM
To suggest he said to be cool or something, is a bit ridiculous.
Very few people know that he is on the spectrum. Very few people really now what Aspergers is.
The pedo remark was of course uncalled for. The other guy was belittling him, and he reacted.
I am discussing this because my son has a lot of Musk´s traits (but he is also very different from him). The ignorance about Aspergers is very broad, even within the school system.
I get this perspective because my son, has Aspergers, and also has a very IQ, and was taking astronomy in college 11 years old for fun. I can assure that being that bright, didnt help in school. He was many years academically ahead of his classmates, and that didn´t really matter at all. The system was just focusing on his flaws(which were amplified by the system), than his gifts. Everything was very easy for him, but still they didn´t care.
He just became very depressed in that environment
It´s just strange to see people with Aspergers with no sympathy for his condition, and repeating all the nonesense about him.
About the arrogance is also a bit too harsh I think. A lot of people are "arrogant". Some just hide it better than others. He is in a position to be himself. I think most of his strange behaviour is just from his condition. And of course he is in an extremely high pressured enviornment.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2023, 9:29 am

You keep dismissing perfectly valid criticisms of the man as nonsense. Why?

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

John Stern
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Sep 2023, 12:27 pm

I am not here to defend Musk, or saying all he has done is perfect, or that he is perfect.
Just saying that the criticism he gets is just people regurgitating things, and being childish.
This seems to sensitive to the Aspie community. Very strange.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2023, 3:12 pm

John Stern wrote:
I am not here to defend Musk, or saying all he has done is perfect, or that he is perfect.
Just saying that the criticism he gets is just people regurgitating things, and being childish.
This seems to sensitive to the Aspie community. Very strange.

Many people reaching similar conclusions based on the available evidence isn't the same as regurgitating opinions and it shows a degree of intellectual dishonesty to insist that's the case.

If most of the evidence related to a public figure and how they behave, the attitudes and values they hold, etc all points to them being morally abysmal from many different angles it will be hard to find people who haven't reached negative conclusions about that person.

Where are these childish criticisms you're alluding to? I'm curious to hear what you feel makes them childish.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う