Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Should there be a fundraising site for ASD individuals?
1) Yes, people with ASD need a fundraising site that is supportive of their needs. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
2) Yes, but the site should also allow non-ASD affected to use it. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
3) No, efforts can be made to integrate those affected by ASD into existing fundraising sites. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
4) No, a fundraising site for individuals affected by ASD would deter those not affected from using it. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
5) No, there is no need for such a fundraising site. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

WolfgangWatson
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Sep 2023, 11:38 am

Hello!
So, I was diagnosed with ASD at 49. Now I am 63. It took me many years to understand and even longer to accept my condition. As it explained the hardship in my life retrospectively. Today, I have fully accepted my being as it is and has become. Finding out often painfully, where my limitations are. As long as my parents were alive (my Mom still is, but is now in a care facility for dementia) I was shielded from adversity. My siblings never accepted my condition, calling it an "excuse" for being a failure in life. Only recently I watched the movie "Aerican Loser" with Seann Wiliam Scott and I felt very much represented. Including the responses by relatives.
When I lost my life partner in 2015, I also lost the only person (besides my Mom) that had accepted and loved me as I was. It created a deep depression and led to a chain of very unfortunate events. I had to learn the hard way that unaffected people expect a handicapped person to sit in a wheelchair. But my wheelchair for my Asperger's is invisible. Blessed with exceptonally well developed language skills (speaking several languages fluently), my true handicap is related to how I am treated. At that, a many may share this handicap - incapable to shield themselves from emotional and physical abuse. Carrying lifelong trauma on the shoulders.
Now, I ask You to allow me two things, please. First of all, I want to know if any of You know of a fundraising site that is tailored to those affected by ASD. The known fundraising sites cater to a different clientel. They are not able, capable or worse, willing to help those with ASD in need. Especially my Asperger's creates very quickly a not-so-merry-around, ending up in a loop on websites that are made for people without ASD. If there is no such fundraising site, could one be created with the knowledge about the limitations individuals with ASD might have? Focussing on support for this ever growing segment of the population? A true ASD-Fundraising Platform?
Based on my personal experiences over the last two decades, I want to dedicate the rest of my life to help those like myself, that have been diagnosed with ASD later in their lives.
Secondly, please allow me to link to my personal fundraiser to help me to return home. You will find a more detailed version of what happened to me and how I attempt to escape the life threatening situation that I ended up in because of my ASD. spotDOTfund/tvjg4cp
Thank You for Your time and I hope I can be helpful in return.