The U.S. conservative movement's authoritarian plans

Page 1 of 7 [ 102 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2023, 6:08 am

Major Right-Wing Groups Form Plan to Imprison LGBTQ People, Censor the Internet (& More) in 2025 - The Humanist Report

Summary:

Quote:
Sep 6, 2023
The Heritage Foundation and dozens of other right-wing interest groups have aligned to create a 920-page document intended to guide the next Republican president in his first 180-days in office. It’s called Project 2025, and it aims to drastically expand executive power, dismantle the administrative state, enact nationwide internet censorship, ban adult content, eradicate queer people from public life, and politically imprison LGBTQ people. It’s a document written by 300+ conservatives—many of which would likely serve in the next Republican administration. Trump has already embraced parts of Project 2025 and other GOP presidential contenders are likely to do the same. In this video we’ll give you an overview of Project 2025 and discuss the implications of this insane, authoritarian manifesto.

Primary sources:

- Dame Magazine
- Salon
- Full Video from The Heritage Foundation itself: Project 2025: Staffing the Next Conservative Administration

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2023, 10:50 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
Major Right-Wing Groups Form Plan to Imprison LGBTQ People, Censor the Internet (& More) in 2025 - The Humanist Report

Summary:

Quote:
Sep 6, 2023
The Heritage Foundation and dozens of other right-wing interest groups have aligned to create a 920-page document intended to guide the next Republican president in his first 180-days in office. It’s called Project 2025, and it aims to drastically expand executive power, dismantle the administrative state, enact nationwide internet censorship, ban adult content, eradicate queer people from public life, and politically imprison LGBTQ people. It’s a document written by 300+ conservatives—many of which would likely serve in the next Republican administration. Trump has already embraced parts of Project 2025 and other GOP presidential contenders are likely to do the same. In this video we’ll give you an overview of Project 2025 and discuss the implications of this insane, authoritarian manifesto.

Primary sources:

- Dame Magazine
- Salon
- Full Video from The Heritage Foundation itself: Project 2025: Staffing the Next Conservative Administration

As a connoisseur of adult animated comedies, I worry they will be classified as "adult content" under Project 2025, and that non-marital and non-procreational sex will be banned, even for straight people. But people will vote these people in and let the world burn (literally) if it means they get to keep their guns.

Once the far right seizes power, the only way to get them out would be possibly violent revolution.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2023, 11:49 am

As if my blood wasn't already running cold hearing about this, he brings up censorship of video games and the possibility making lives of people on welfare a living Hell.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2023, 12:01 pm

And they wonder why their countrymen despise them.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2023, 1:15 pm

47 km / 29.19 miles -> that's how far I won the birthplace lottery by. Just 47 kms away I could have popped out as an American citizen and then this would all be a whole lot more concerning than it is for me.

It's still some crazy BS, though. If the USA elected/accepted such a figure as their leader-bean and American laws, culture & society, started making the shift to that BS you can guarantee I'd never go spend another moment or penny there. I'd boycott as many American made products and services, too. Way rather support a free country that that proposed clusterf**k.

I'll probably have more to say after watching the video.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2023, 1:16 pm

Policies with a Fascist radical Christian theocratic foreground and a plutocratic background.

They want to put forward s**t they think God would approve.

The antichrist also approves.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2023, 1:18 pm

WTAF! What is going on in America?

Although Britain will be next for this treatment I'm sure. So many people still blame our last left wing government (14 years ago) for all that is wrong with Britain. And of course they blame those pesky refugees, disabled people, ethnic minorities for the state of Britain.

:x :roll: :x :roll:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2023, 1:21 pm

I've been anticipating the right shifting in this direction since I was in high school.

It's deeply disturbing to watch it starting to unfold. If Americans want their chance to show they stood up to the fascists before they took power, this is their opportunity. With any luck, in hindsight it will look like an over-reaction.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2023, 2:05 pm

It's preemptive strike time: designate the Southern Baptist Convention, the Roman Catholic Church, and the Mormon Church as terrorist organizations.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2023, 3:06 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
It's preemptive strike time: designate the Southern Baptist Convention, the Roman Catholic Church, and the Mormon Church as terrorist organizations.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2023, 3:11 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

:heart: :heart: :heart:

They want the US to be like it was in the 1950s. 1950s America was worse than 1930s-40s Germany.

And nobody here can seek asylum elsewhere, because we may not meet the requirements, and because many countries see people on the spectrum as "burdens of the state" (aka "useless eaters").

Unless there is a mass mutiny in the ranks of the proposed far-right regime, we're hopeless. We're outgunned and the military would be on their side, and the leader would be very heavily guarded, so assassination would be impossible.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2023, 10:43 pm

Also, is anything in Project 2025 even legal or constitutional?

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2023, 11:21 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Also, is anything in Project 2025 even legal or constitutional?

The Constitution is fishwrap. They'll write an entirely new one to suit their agenda.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2023, 12:15 am

It's already bad enough that abortion, marijuana and public nudity are illegal in Texas, I can't accept anything else pleasurable being banned.

The number of potential partners I've rejected because they thought premarital sex was a sin could fill a phone book.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2023, 5:44 am

Tim_Tex wrote:

Everybody has freedom of religion in this country because of the 1st Amendment. The Southern Baptists, Catholic, and Mormon Churches as well as every other religion is constitutional protected. You cant just outlaw a religion in this country. Thats just not the way its ever been done here. Now some religious practices can be banned but only if they violate other laws but you cant ban a religion just because you want to.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2023, 10:03 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

Everybody has freedom of religion in this country because of the 1st Amendment. The Southern Baptists, Catholic, and Mormon Churches as well as every other religion is constitutional protected. You cant just outlaw a religion in this country. Thats just not the way its ever been done here. Now some religious practices can be banned but only if they violate other laws but you cant ban a religion just because you want to.

Far right conservatives will use Project 2025 to ban all non Christian faiths as well as atheism, agnosticism, and nihilism if they want to.

I'm into Cthulhicism so I'm in trouble.

They don't care about the Constitution. If it guarantees people they don't like the same rights and freedoms as everyone else, they'll rip it and write a new one.