Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

ShamanQueen
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Sep 2023, 7:22 pm

Hello aside from Asperger’s I also I have ptsd from a wide range negative experiences in my childhood and early adulthood. Please respond if this sounds like you.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2023, 2:20 pm

Yeah I have

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2023, 9:30 pm

Not I.

But a number of folks here have PTSD on top of aspergers or autism. Surprised more havent responded to this thread.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2023, 9:34 pm

I have Level 2 Autism, acute PTSD from a traumatic situation, and Complex PTSD from longterm assault.

Of course you can have both. Being autistic doesn't mean bad things won't happen to us.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2023, 11:38 pm

yes ,c- PTSD R US........deep dark, un-wanted ...repeated .. increasing severity . Many years of therapy ....etc..etc..

where ever you go ,there you are

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2023, 12:39 pm

I have cptsd that's (largely) from childhood trauma.

alwaysRootingForTheAI
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Sep 2023, 5:24 pm

Both myself and my sister have PTSD (her diagnosed, myself not) from experiences in our childhood. For me, this wasn't a significant problem until I was in very similar circumstances with different people but similar dynamics about a decade later, and I just completely fell apart.

Mrs.Gone
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Sep 2023, 8:36 am

I have PTSD type 1 and 2. Type 1 is "simple" PTSD due to a life-threatening situation, type 2 is c-ptsd from prolonged and recurrent exposure to traumatic situations both in my childhood and in my adult life. PTSD tends to make my ASD more acute (mutism, shutdown, stimming, low executive functions, communication issues). As someone said in this thread ASD doesn't mean that you can't be affected by traumatic events. We're human beings.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2023, 9:13 am

I have PTSD and CPTSD.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2023, 12:12 pm

Mrs.Gone wrote:
I have PTSD type 1 and 2. Type 1 is "simple" PTSD due to a life-threatening situation, type 2 is c-ptsd from prolonged and recurrent exposure to traumatic situations both in my childhood and in my adult life. PTSD tends to make my ASD more acute (mutism, shutdown, stimming, low executive functions, communication issues). As someone said in this thread ASD doesn't mean that you can't be affected by traumatic events. We're human beings.

Can identify with the content of this PM also ...PTSD seems to have the ability to aggravate :skull: all Aspie
Symptoms / Characteristics . To some really strong extremes .... And alot of them can be directly attributed to
interacting with less that knowledgeable about Autism , persons . So practicing patience becomes really important I think when dealing with others . :nerdy:
( unfortunately) am starting to realize being Stoic :ninja: in the face of these situations is most helpful , to ones own
State of Mental Affairs :roll:

where ever you go ,there you are

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2023, 8:32 am

I have mild PTSD from years of bullying. I don't talk about it since people laugh at me and say only war veterans get PTSD.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2023, 12:43 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
I have mild PTSD from years of bullying. I don't talk about it since people laugh at me and say only war veterans get PTSD.

I'm sorry to hear that. People can be jerks
---

I've had some less than stellar experiences. As a result, I used to have flashbacks. I still do occasionally in particular situations. I used to have an aversion to touch due to certain memories. However, I have worked through this but I'm still not a fan of strangers hugging me. My claustrophobia is still pretty bad. Lots of experiences with being forced against my will into small spaces, so go figure.

christinejarvis21
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Dec 2023, 9:14 pm

I also have both. When I was diagnosed with autism, I was also diagnosed with ptsd; in addition I also was diagnosed with ocd, adhd, generalized anxiety, social anxiety and panic disorder. Never thought I would find anyone else that had both. Are any of you guys on any medication and if so what type and is it helping?

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2023, 9:26 pm

TBH, PTSD is one of the two common ASD diagnoses that I haven't yet collected.

But, it is also a common thing for autistic people to have.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2023, 7:58 am

ptsd/cptsd yes, it has got better over time, just knowing I am autistic was an answer to so many painful "whys" of the past. Once I could understand how some of the things in my life happened, I could see how autism was there playing a part all along. I am still and always might be hypervigilant, especially when experiencing new things, I still off and on have flashbacks and rumination around some of those experiences, but I can now see them from the perspective of knowing I am autistic, and how that might have contributed to the way I experienced many of the traumas of my life.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

silverlinings1069
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jan 2024, 4:05 pm

I do. Cptsd, ADHD, depression, anxiety. You are definitely not alone with this.