2023-10-04: FEMA Emergency Alert System Test Nationwide.

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2023, 10:40 pm

An invasion, a declaration of war (or martial law), another pandemic, or another terrorist attack like what happened on 2001-09-11 could also trigger a nationwide alert.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

aerithstrelitzia
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Oct 2023, 10:54 pm

I despise that stupid alarm sound so much. it stresses me out. my friends are coming over tomorrow, and we'll probably all be sitting in my room (with our phones!) when it goes off. 5 phones playing that awful noise at the same time... yippee. /sarcasm

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2023, 12:54 am

Why not record the sound, and play it back during an exam?

:twisted:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2023, 1:23 pm

I found out earlier today that certain flavors of Android phones have settings to opt out of amber and governmental alerts. :-)

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2023, 1:32 pm

Holy Cripes am glad it is overwith...Whew..! Waiting..Waiting ...waiting .. :arrow: :arrow: 8O ...Stubs her toe looking for a Rock to hide Under ..! :ninja:

where ever you go ,there you are

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2023, 7:17 pm

The fearmongers have either modified their predictions or taken down their predictions entirely.

Identifying these conspiracy theories is also a great way to identify people whom I do not want as friends.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2023, 8:12 pm

Mine didn’t go off..again.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2023, 11:50 am

I don't live in the USA or even have my phone on most of the time, but I read that the conspiracy theory is that people who got the covid vaccination were supposed to turn into zombies when the alert went off.

Well, people who think that don't have to worry. They say zombies eat the brains of the living, and you can't eat something that isn't there. :roll:

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2023, 11:59 am

We had
1. Tornado sirens in our town but that was after 12 PM

2.The official alert went off on my phone after 2 PM while I was at work. I stood up in the middle of the office and said, "This is the test of the emergency broadcast system."

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2023, 12:50 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I don't live in the USA or even have my phone on most of the time, but I read that the conspiracy theory is that people who got the covid vaccination were supposed to turn into zombies when the alert went off.

Well, people who think that don't have to worry. They say zombies eat the brains of the living, and you can't eat something that isn't there. :roll:

I saw that news story too. It gave me a lol. :lol: