Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2023, 2:10 pm

What are some examples of times that you trusted someone you should not have trusted?

hmk66
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Sep 2023, 11:46 am

Way too many, I must say.

My previous bosses have done something different than what they promised to do, or than what I expected them to do. They often do things behind my back.

It can happen once or twice to someone; that would be bad luck. But to me it happens often. I wonder why that is? They are the bad guys, but maybe the cause could very well be me. I sometimes notice that people don't like me, that's why I never had a relationship until 2018.

A possible cause is jealously. I am highly intelligent on several areas, although I don't think, I am an autistic savant. I remember a lot of things, and then I notice inconsistences in human behaviour. But sometimes I do think, people have malicious intentions. They have their own interests, and I think narcissism and psychopathy happens more often then I am aware of.

Previous bosses may be afraid of me. Am I an intellectual threat? They don't want to teach me anything. They are not interested in me at all. Not in my skills... recently I have been learning things about Excel pivot tables and PowerPoint. I followed a course of Executive Secretary, I told my boss I followed it. "Sorry, not interested. If we need a secretary, we will hire an experienced one."

I daren't apply for a job elsewhere. What if I lose that job, and the boss is lying about the reason? If they want to fire me, they will find excuses.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2023, 1:49 pm

Former colleagues who would figuratively stab you in the back at the first opportunity.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2023, 2:10 pm

yes indeed ,,, people thought you could normally trust ??? Am no longer one to give trust , with exception of maybe one person now . the other three have passed ,one due to a murder .. Which the prosecuetor by all outward facts
literally let the murder off Acquitted them . In spite of facts , It was clearly intentional . And bias towards someone whom had a close tie to the Sheriffs dept. there, whom clearly wanted us. to give up our home of over thirty years because , he wanted to take advantage of us in various ways, as he was literally stay at home grandpa , of several younger ex-cons, People with no scruples. When we would leave the house , he would spy on our comings and goings for any reason .It was a fairly unihabited area compared even to a suburb. And it became quite obvious because we would not pay him to be watching our home. ( extortion) And we had one person warn us to be nice to this extortionist.He appeared by all possible variables to be having his grandsons loot our home. breaking in repeatedly and , none of the other neigbours would say anything about it to us, We did not know how close his associations were with the local sheriff. he was a younger but very heavey person .
So if you have to have a case with your local DA or otherwise always get a out of the area/ county Lawyer to go over your case Especially if you are in a less populated area. And beware of relatives aswell especially if you are an aspie. 8O , Blood relative brother was involved in the murder.
It has been a rather hard and steep learning curve. :| .Prosecuetors and lawyers in general will often try to isolate you from getting outside opinions :evil: .Needless to say , when i realized the dishonesty of the prosecuetor, whom was suppose to be working on me and my late husbands behalf, I knew little of what to do ..so i remembered from my civics classes in school . That any court in any area. Had to have a certain density of people living in their area
of their court , in order to form a legal Jury pool , in order to try high level crimes, maybe not just high level .
And if not they cannot try a case, and change of venue was needed, I asked for a change of venue, and to be able to make a deposition( testimony of facts in the case) both were illegally refused by the current prosecuetor .
And to this day , i have not found a single lawyer in any or the attorney Bar services that would take my case to get it re-tried. And throw out the illegal verdict of that backwater court system . 8O But do to my written complaint to the federal Gov. That court lost its ability to try high level crimes in its court, And they even changed the name of the court house :roll:

where ever you go ,there you are

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2023, 8:42 pm

Despite decades of evidence otherwise, I continue to expect that people in authority would be skilled and just. The Peter Principle blows my mind.

GreenVelvetWorm
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Sep 2023, 4:27 am

A coworker at one of my jobs used to tease me and try to get me to break rules with her. Once, she noticed that my skin turns red easily, and she "tested" it by pulling me aside, holding out my arm, and wacking it repeatedly, hard enough to hurt. I thought that she wasn't actually a malicious person, and that she liked me and was trying to be friends. But months later she told me that she abuses her husband (she was nonchalant about it and didn't seem to feel guilty).

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2023, 6:15 am

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
What are some examples of times that you trusted someone you should not have trusted?

How about not trusting someone that we should definitely not trust?

Trump, for instance. I have never considered him to be the least bit trustworthy.

Weight Of Memory
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Sep 2023, 7:30 am

GreenVelvetWorm wrote:
A coworker at one of my jobs used to tease me and try to get me to break rules with her. Once, she noticed that my skin turns red easily, and she "tested" it by pulling me aside, holding out my arm, and wacking it repeatedly, hard enough to hurt. I thought that she wasn't actually a malicious person, and that she liked me and was trying to be friends. But months later she told me that she abuses her husband (she was nonchalant about it and didn't seem to feel guilty).

Sounds like she's a sociopath.

hmk66 wrote:
My previous bosses have done something different than what they promised to do, or than what I expected them to do. They often do things behind my back.

It can happen once or twice to someone; that would be bad luck. But to me it happens often. I wonder why that is? They are the bad guys, but maybe the cause could very well be me. I sometimes notice that people don't like me, that's why I never had a relationship until 2018.

A possible cause is jealously. I am highly intelligent on several areas, although I don't think, I am an autistic savant. I remember a lot of things, and then I notice inconsistences in human behaviour. But sometimes I do think, people have malicious intentions. They have their own interests, and I think narcissism and psychopathy happens more often then I am aware of.

Previous bosses may be afraid of me. Am I an intellectual threat? They don't want to teach me anything. They are not interested in me at all. Not in my skills... recently I have been learning things about Excel pivot tables and PowerPoint. I followed a course of Executive Secretary, I told my boss I followed it. "Sorry, not interested. If we need a secretary, we will hire an experienced one."

I daren't apply for a job elsewhere. What if I lose that job, and the boss is lying about the reason? If they want to fire me, they will find excuses.

This sounds all very paranoid.

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2023, 7:55 am

Where do I begin on this topic, as I have so many examples of untrustworthy people that have bullied me. They have caused me to gradually lose most of my humanity. I test people on how trustworthy they are with some sacrificial things that I have. Those that fail the trust test feel my wraith eventually. It takes many years now to earn my full trust.

I could never understand jealousy. It is a foreign concept that I do not feel towards others. If there is something that I want something, I either work hard at obtaining it by my own means or learn to change my wants to reflect what I can obtain with work. Why do people covet others' things so much? I do not think I will ever understand this.

hmk66
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Sep 2023, 8:47 am

Weight Of Memory wrote:
hmk66 wrote:

This sounds all very paranoid.

I wish I would not have to be that paranoid. But somehow I attract people that have interests different from me.

Either they are mistaken (and in some cases I do believe that), or they have their interests. My previous boss diagnosed me with a learning disorder behind my back, discussed this with a doctor without me, and the doctor agrees with him. He decided how I must be "helped" and "supported", and I had no vote in that.

hmk66
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Sep 2023, 8:53 am

QuantumChemist wrote:
Where do I begin on this topic, as I have so many examples of untrustworthy people that have bullied me. They have caused me to gradually lose most of my humanity. I test people on how trustworthy they are with some sacrificial things that I have. Those that fail the trust test feel my wraith eventually. It takes many years now to earn my full trust.

I could never understand jealousy. It is a foreign concept that I do not feel towards others. If there is something that I want something, I either work hard at obtaining it by my own means or learn to change my wants to reflect what I can obtain with work. Why do people covet others' things so much? I do not think I will ever understand this.

I think we have things in common... If people do things different from what they say, I start to question things. Why are there differences? It is likely that I misinterpret things (because of autism that chance can be higher than an NT, that misinterpret things), but I want to rule that out first.