Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Expat_Ella
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Sep 2023, 4:51 pm

Hi, my name is Ella, I'm 32 and it's my first time here.
I'm reaching out because I'm in a pretty bad shape and would need a friend / someone to talk to that would understand me and not judge.
I've been going through a bad asd burn out/shut down, while living abroad for work (I've since been fired bc of the burn out) so I'm quite isolated and don't have anyone here besides my dog.

And ... all of the above kinda turned my overthinking-racing mind into my personal jail :(

I'm really not looking for a magical solution. Just some understanding and perhaps kindness would mean a lot.

Thanks in advance,

Ella

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2023, 5:41 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet.
I wish it was under better circumstances for you.

There are a lot of good people here, and I'm sure you'll find some who understand what you're going through.

Sailon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Sep 2023, 6:22 pm

Sorry to hear what you are going through. I hope things get better for you.

TheOutsider
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Sep 2023, 6:56 pm

Sorry to hear about your burnout. I'm recovering from severe burnout as well. I know it's not fun, but it can and will get better, even if it's a slow process. Whatever you do, don't blame yourself and don't give up. It's not your fault. Trying to navigate this world successfully when you're autistic is extremely difficult, particularly if you don't have ample support. Try to engage in your special interest and get plenty of rest and proper nourishment. Things will get better.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2023, 12:20 am

I'm so sorry that you're going through this. It's especially hard to endure a crisis when you are far from the people and places you know. I'm glad that you decided to post here. There are some lovely people here. I haven't experienced burnout or a shut down, but if you would like to send me a message, please feel free.

Sending best wishes.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2023, 3:46 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet. Lots of people here have had autistic burnout, including me. It is difficult to go through. For me, I need a lot of sleep when things get bad. It is not depression. It is just burn out wears us out and we need to recharge. Or at least I do.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2023, 3:55 pm

Welcome to WP.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2023, 3:57 pm

Welcome to WP! :alien:

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2023, 2:56 pm

Welcome, i am sorry you are going through burnout. I am also experiencing it. It must be double hard in a foreign country too.

bbornino
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Sep 2023, 3:25 pm

I'm literally recovering from... the exact same thing. The burnout of the work stress resulted in me getting fired, too.