Should people only date people in their age groups ?

Page 3 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Feb 2021
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,245
Location: Texas

23 Sep 2023, 9:29 am

honeytoast wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Age of consent in Texas is 17 so I think its fine as long as both parties are legal.


I'm going to call you out every time you post this because it's f*****g weird and you don't need to be with a 17 year old at 33 years old.

Why do you want to be with a HIGH SCHOOLER??

Thats fine.



Last edited by Texasmoneyman300 on 23 Sep 2023, 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Feb 2021
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,245
Location: Texas

23 Sep 2023, 9:38 am

TwilightPrincess wrote:
I don’t think that a relationship between people who are 17 and 33 should be legal, and it’s not in a lot of places. There’s a world of difference there. Just because something is legal doesn’t make it right.

I will be following letter of the law.



TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Sep 2016
Age: 39
Gender: Female
Posts: 19,124
Location: Hell

23 Sep 2023, 9:48 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:
I don’t think that a relationship between people who are 17 and 33 should be legal, and it’s not in a lot of places. There’s a world of difference there. Just because something is legal doesn’t make it right.

I will be following letter of the law.

What if it was legal to be with someone who was 16 or younger?

I just don’t understand basing one’s morality off of laws because sometimes laws are insufficient.

People can choose to be with people who are barely legal, though. However, other people are free to disapprove of it/find it creepy.


_________________
“Tú, que me lees, ¿estás seguro de entender mi lenguaje?” - Jorge Luis Borges


honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2020
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Posts: 907
Location: 1Q84

23 Sep 2023, 1:29 pm

Wanting to date high schoolers for the sole purpose of following a cultish Christian belief....whew.

Clownish behavior.


_________________
dear god, dear god, tinkle tinkle hoy.

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?


Weight Of Memory
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Joined: 16 Jun 2023
Gender: Male
Posts: 317
Location: Florida

23 Sep 2023, 2:24 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
I want to marry a 18 to 21 year so I can have a quiverfull of children.


So all you super-tolerant non-judgmental WPers: do you have a problem with me being prejudiced and judgmental against this too?



TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Sep 2016
Age: 39
Gender: Female
Posts: 19,124
Location: Hell

23 Sep 2023, 2:30 pm

I disapprove of quiverfull beliefs. It’s hard on a woman’s body to have lots of children and it’s impossible to give that many children adequate care and attention.

I don’t think that anything, including religion, should be above scrutiny.


_________________
“Tú, que me lees, ¿estás seguro de entender mi lenguaje?” - Jorge Luis Borges


RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2013
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,911
Location: Adelaide, Australia

23 Sep 2023, 5:14 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
honeytoast wrote:
I'm going to call you out every time you post this because it's f*****g weird and you don't need to be with a 17 year old at 33 years old.

Why do you want to be with a HIGH SCHOOLER??

Did Texasmoneyman300 ever say that he, personally, specifically wants to be with a 17-year-old? Or was he just saying he wouldn't pass judgment on such couples?

Hi to all as long as its legal and were both adults and everything and she has reached the age of consent I would be open to dating a 17 year old but I would be sure to have a look at her ID.Howwever in Texas the min marriage age is 18 so ideally I would want to marry a woman between 18 to 21.I know yall dont approve of that but I was asked and this is a public forum.As long as I am following the letter of the law I will continue to be open to dating 17 to 21 year olds.I just think I should be able to date and marry who I want.But to get back to question I want to marry a 18 to 21 year so I can have a quiverfull of children.I know its taboo but as long as its legal I am not worried.

Can you afford to raise that many children? Do you have as much money as your handle suggests?


_________________
The days are long, but the years are short


bee33
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Age: 59
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,172

23 Sep 2023, 6:10 pm

If you happen to meet someone and fall in love and you are a man and are significantly older and she is a young woman, that's fine as long as there is no unequal power (and she is of legal age). But to set out and make a blanket statement that as a man you only want a relationship with a very young woman is a misogynist perspective, because you are presuming that a woman is an object for your enjoyment. That alone is a creepy part of your premise.



Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Feb 2021
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,245
Location: Texas

23 Sep 2023, 6:27 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
honeytoast wrote:
I'm going to call you out every time you post this because it's f*****g weird and you don't need to be with a 17 year old at 33 years old.

Why do you want to be with a HIGH SCHOOLER??

Did Texasmoneyman300 ever say that he, personally, specifically wants to be with a 17-year-old? Or was he just saying he wouldn't pass judgment on such couples?

Hi to all as long as its legal and were both adults and everything and she has reached the age of consent I would be open to dating a 17 year old but I would be sure to have a look at her ID.Howwever in Texas the min marriage age is 18 so ideally I would want to marry a woman between 18 to 21.I know yall dont approve of that but I was asked and this is a public forum.As long as I am following the letter of the law I will continue to be open to dating 17 to 21 year olds.I just think I should be able to date and marry who I want.But to get back to question I want to marry a 18 to 21 year so I can have a quiverfull of children.I know its taboo but as long as its legal I am not worried.

Can you afford to raise that many children? Do you have as much money as your handle suggests?

I think I would be.I think you raise a very valid point.I have over 200,000 dollars in the stock market and I own a 100,000 dollar bank account with my dad.i have as much money in the stock market as the roughly the typical American in their 60's retires with today.If Texas gets too pricey I will just move somewhere like Oklahoma or Arkansas to save cash.



Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Feb 2021
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,245
Location: Texas

23 Sep 2023, 6:29 pm

bee33 wrote:
If you happen to meet someone and fall in love and you are a man and are significantly older and she is a young woman, that's fine as long as there is no unequal power (and she is of legal age). But to set out and make a blanket statement that as a man you only want a relationship with a very young woman is a misogynist perspective, because you are presuming that a woman is an object for your enjoyment. That alone is a creepy part of your premise.

Okay.I see.You have every right to have that opinion.



bee33
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Age: 59
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,172

23 Sep 2023, 10:13 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
bee33 wrote:
If you happen to meet someone and fall in love and you are a man and are significantly older and she is a young woman, that's fine as long as there is no unequal power (and she is of legal age). But to set out and make a blanket statement that as a man you only want a relationship with a very young woman is a misogynist perspective, because you are presuming that a woman is an object for your enjoyment. That alone is a creepy part of your premise.

Okay.I see.You have every right to have that opinion.
Thanks. But if you consider it more closely it's not really my opinion but a problem with misogyny that exists in society, and that affects everyone in a negative way.

Btw, how do you feel about a woman who wants to date a very young man who is considerably younger than herself? Traditionally, that happens far less frequently. And that's because men have more power than women and are less subject to societal criticism than women.



Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Feb 2021
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,245
Location: Texas

23 Sep 2023, 10:47 pm

bee33 wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
bee33 wrote:
If you happen to meet someone and fall in love and you are a man and are significantly older and she is a young woman, that's fine as long as there is no unequal power (and she is of legal age). But to set out and make a blanket statement that as a man you only want a relationship with a very young woman is a misogynist perspective, because you are presuming that a woman is an object for your enjoyment. That alone is a creepy part of your premise.

Okay.I see.You have every right to have that opinion.
Thanks. But if you consider it more closely it's not really my opinion but a problem with misogyny that exists in society, and that affects everyone in a negative way.

Btw, how do you feel about a woman who wants to date a very young man who is considerably younger than herself? Traditionally, that happens far less frequently. And that's because men have more power than women and are less subject to societal criticism than women.

I try to be a pretty live and let live person as a libertarian in a lot of areas of my life and honestly I am fine with it as long as its legal and she is not a high school teacher or something with extenuating circumstances like that.



nick007
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2010
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 26,951
Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Sep 2023, 5:49 am

funeralxempire wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
The only time it's an issue is if the younger person is socially, emotionally, or developmentally delayed


Things get really messy when the older partner is the delayed one.
I've been that older person :( Me being delayed is a major reason I was a lot more imterested in relationships with women younger than me instead of older. However my 2nd was more advanced than me despite her being 9 years younger & my current(3rd) gf is on a similar level as me despite her being half a year older than me. My lesson is that physical age may not be an accurate method for determinng if someone will be on your level or not.


_________________
"I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem!"
~King Of The Hill


"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition


Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Feb 2021
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,245
Location: Texas

24 Sep 2023, 6:39 am

nick007 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
The only time it's an issue is if the younger person is socially, emotionally, or developmentally delayed


Things get really messy when the older partner is the delayed one.
I've been that older person :( Me being delayed is a major reason I was a lot more imterested in relationships with women younger than me instead of older. However my 2nd was more advanced than me despite her being 9 years younger & my current(3rd) gf is on a similar level as me despite her being half a year older than me. My lesson is that physical age may not be an accurate method for determinng if someone will be on your level or not.

Ya my situation was similar.Like I am prolly at the level of 25 or 27 year old.My two older girlfriends were delayed even though they were much older than me.



Weight Of Memory
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Joined: 16 Jun 2023
Gender: Male
Posts: 317
Location: Florida

24 Sep 2023, 7:08 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
I try to be a pretty live and let live person as a libertarian


Quiverfull and a Libertarian? Now you disgust me. Your ideas represent an existential threat to America and the world.



Last edited by Cornflake on 24 Sep 2023, 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.: Removed a personal attack

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,101
Location: Mid-Atlantic US

24 Sep 2023, 9:59 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
honeytoast wrote:
I'm going to call you out every time you post this because it's f*****g weird and you don't need to be with a 17 year old at 33 years old.

Why do you want to be with a HIGH SCHOOLER??

Did Texasmoneyman300 ever say that he, personally, specifically wants to be with a 17-year-old? Or was he just saying he wouldn't pass judgment on such couples?

Hi to all as long as its legal and were both adults and everything and she has reached the age of consent I would be open to dating a 17 year old but I would be sure to have a look at her ID.Howwever in Texas the min marriage age is 18 so ideally I would want to marry a woman between 18 to 21.I know yall dont approve of that but I was asked and this is a public forum.As long as I am following the letter of the law I will continue to be open to dating 17 to 21 year olds.I just think I should be able to date and marry who I want.But to get back to question I want to marry a 18 to 21 year so I can have a quiverfull of children.I know its taboo but as long as its legal I am not worried.

Can you afford to raise that many children? Do you have as much money as your handle suggests?

I think I would be.I think you raise a very valid point.I have over 200,000 dollars in the stock market and I own a 100,000 dollar bank account with my dad.i have as much money in the stock market as the roughly the typical American in their 60's retires with today.If Texas gets too pricey I will just move somewhere like Oklahoma or Arkansas to save cash.

That amount of assets might get an old person through a handful of years of retirement if they own their house free and clear. You'd never support a family on that.


_________________
My WP story


cron