Australian soap Neighbours has returned!

Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2023, 2:38 am

DuckHairback wrote:
^^ Toadie was going to marry that other lady with the laugh, whose name I can't remember right now, and she was even older than Terese.

Melanie. He did marry her in 2022 but it seems she dumped him. And Paul dumped Terese, so Toadie and Terese somehow fell in love with each other.

Can't get my head round them as a couple though...

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2023, 2:12 pm

KitLily wrote:
DuckHairback wrote:
^ I think you can ask Cornflake to do it the mod attention thread but I don't mind it being wrong.

Where is that thread, I can't find it?

https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=406797

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2023, 2:18 pm

^^Yes Melanie. I don't know what the deal is with them matching Toadie up with older ladies.

So far Harold is just making me sad, he's just looking at his old book and being forgetful.

I like the new dog in it.

The cafe is suddenly four times bigger than it was. Also some very disorientating editing in the cafe scenes - I can't quite get the layout in my head straight.

My partner is quite disturbed by the changing of the orientation of the Kennedy's breakfast bar.

I like a lot of the new characters so far.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2023, 3:21 pm

Yes I think the sets are suddenly complete and they all have four walls now.

I'm avoiding Harold because my mum has dementia and I don't want to follow a storyline about dementia. I want ESCAPISM. Not the same as my every day life.

Oh yes I love the new dog!

I think new Byron looks so like Mike, surely he is his son that Jane kept secret.

The married couple don't look old enough to have those teenage sons though, they look under 30!

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2023, 3:55 pm

KitLily wrote:
I'm avoiding Harold because my mum has dementia and I don't want to follow a storyline about dementia. I want ESCAPISM. Not the same as my every day life.

Oh, I'm sorry about that. Hopefully they'll wrap it up quickly, I don't want to see it either. I want some silly nonsense.

I think you might be on to something re: Byron, surely not a casting accident.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2023, 10:10 pm

DuckHairback wrote:
^^ Toadie was going to marry that other lady with the laugh, whose name I can't remember right now, and she was even older than Terese.

the lady with the laugh was Melanie, I haven't seen Neighbours for years I didn't know that she was back I wonder if she still laughs like that now.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2023, 10:13 pm

DuckHairback wrote:
Oh wow, you seem to know a lot more about what's coming than I do.

The review I posted did mention bizarre and surreal twists so maybe Toadie and Therese getting married is one of them.

It also says Aaron and David aren't in the first batch of episodes.

As for Harold, yes if it is bad I don't want to know. He needs to be treated with respect.

Terese used to be Sophie in Home and away.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2023, 1:56 am

DuckHairback wrote:
KitLily wrote:

Oh, I'm sorry about that. Hopefully they'll wrap it up quickly, I don't want to see it either. I want some silly nonsense.

I think you might be on to something re: Byron, surely not a casting accident.

Thank you, I want silly nonsense too. I'm just hoping that the new American backers of the show i.e. Jeff Bezos, don't make it into a mawkish, sentimental show. I know Americans tend to like that sort of thing...

Apparently Byron #1 and Byron #2 auditioned for the part and #1 got it. Then when he couldn't return for the reboot, they chose Byron #2 and maybe because he looks like Guy Pearce, decided to go in that direction. That's my theory anyway.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2023, 1:58 am

Aprilviolets wrote:
DuckHairback wrote:

the lady with the laugh was Melanie, I haven't seen Neighbours for years I didn't know that she was back I wonder if she still laughs like that now.

She does still laugh like that but I'm not sure if she is back or not. There was a flashback and a bit of a mystery about Mel so presumably it will all be revealed soon...

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2023, 1:59 am

Aprilviolets wrote:

Yes I can't believe it's the same woman! She is a beloved soap actress isn't she...

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2023, 3:41 am

KitLily wrote:
Aprilviolets wrote:

Yes I can't believe it's the same woman! She is a beloved soap actress isn't she...

And, as I recall, she had a brief relationship in Home and Away with a character played by Guy Pierce.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2023, 8:26 am

DuckHairback wrote:
KitLily wrote:
Aprilviolets wrote:

And, as I recall, she had a brief relationship in Home and Away with a character played by Guy Pierce.

Oh she did, didn't she! I forgot Guy had been in Home and Away as well as Neighbours! He was a teacher and she was a student, I think? I wasn't watching it back then, or maybe intermittently. Oh gosh what a small world. :lol:

When she first arrived in Neighbours I kept calling her Sophie Elmaloglou instead of Rebekah!

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2023, 5:21 am

When she was in Home and Away I used to call her Emma Loggaloo. I thought that was funny. I thought she was really pretty back then.

Yes, there was something about their relationship that was dodgy, can't remember what but you may be right about the pupil/teacher thing. He was definitely much older than her.

It was always weird when actors crossed over from one soap to another. I could never quite accept it.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2023, 8:08 am

She was pretty as a young girl and she is also pretty as a mature woman.

I think Guy went from Neighbours to Home and Away, and some other actors did the opposite. I imagine there was a pretty small pool of Australian actors to choose from, and the successful ones went to Hollywood anyway.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2023, 9:14 am

So I'm a day behind this week because I didn't have time to watch it on Monday.

Mainly at the moment I'm distressed about the dog going in the swimming pool all the time.

Surely it's not good for a dog's coat and skin to be in a chlorinated swimming pool?

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2023, 9:17 am

Oh me too! It's not good for the dog and what if he poos and wees in the pool? Ewww.

And he's also going to the coffee shop with Haz and leaving hairs in people's food and drink.

^All these things are unhygienic.