Australian soap Neighbours has returned!

Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2023, 9:58 am

IT'S BAAAAAAAACK!

Strewth. Put some snags on the barbie and get a tinnie from the esky.

Amazon Freevee Releases Official Trailer for New Chapter of Neighbours

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2023/08/a ... icial.html

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2023, 7:06 am

Neighbours: A New Chapter review – fans will be left shouting at their screens

I think it's possibly just me and KitLily who care but here we go. Just a week to wait.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2023, 7:22 am

Ah Duck there you are!

I was literally just coming here to say it's one week to go!

I've hard so many rumours. One saying they've 'updated Neighbours' to appeal to the American teenage TikTok audience. So I hope not!

But we'll see!

What are you most looking forward to???

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2023, 7:54 am

I'm interested to see the new characters. I wasn't very invested in the last batch of younger characters so I'm quite happy a number of them aren't returning.

I'm interested to see the new cinematic camerawork because I have a professional interest in that stuff. I used to find it quite disconcerting when Neighbours upgraded its technology or even just started shooting sets from angles they've never used before. But the new sets are 360 degrees so we'll get to see the fourth wall which we've never seen before! Exciting! (Or maybe I'm just a bit sad!)

And of course Harold's going to be in it at some point and I hope that's not just a quick cameo. I want a good few episodes and proper storyline.

How about you?

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2023, 9:30 am

Oh yes the new characters might be interesting. I can already see I'm going to get one of the new young men confused with new Byron.

No you aren't sad, I feel like that too because I love movies, cinema etc. The fourth wall! OMG. Never been seen before in Neighbours.

I don't like the sound of Harold's storylines, they seem to be implying something terrible is going to happen to him...

I am excited to see what they do with Mike and Jane, it sounds like it will be something dramatic. And that new actor playing Byron looks so like Guy Pearce, I bet he turns out to be Mike's son! I bet that is the scandalous storyline.

What else...I want to know who is getting married in episode 1. They say it's Toadie and Terese...really?

They showed a scene with Aaron in, does that mean he and David are coming back?

And what of Chloe and Elly? Are they married or not?

And the new children, they've aged up Hugo and Nell, so we'll see what they do.

So many exciting things!

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2023, 10:28 am

Oh wow, you seem to know a lot more about what's coming than I do.

The review I posted did mention bizarre and surreal twists so maybe Toadie and Therese getting married is one of them.

It also says Aaron and David aren't in the first batch of episodes.

As for Harold, yes if it is bad I don't want to know. He needs to be treated with respect.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2023, 11:32 am

Oh dear, sorry! I hope I'm not spoiling it!

I am just deducing that the new Byron is Mike's son by the look of the actor, I have no idea if it's true or not.

Yes they'd better not mess with Harold. I fear it will either be death or dementia for the poor chap. I hope neither though!

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2023, 8:01 am

Here is the extended trailer for Neighbours episode 0 as they are calling it. I think they could be onto a winner:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/video/detai ... share_seas

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2023, 4:27 am

Happy Neighbours Returns Day KitLily. I'm avoiding spoilers for now but I'll be wanting to discuss later. I saw a review headline so I'm expecting it to be...challenging.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2023, 7:30 am

Happy Neighbours Returns Day, Duckhairback!

I've watched it already! Episode 1. I'm happy to discuss it with you! It's rather full of exposition but I expected that.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2023, 1:49 pm

Okay. So that wasn't as weird as I expected. I'd been led to believe it was really surreal and crazy but it all felt very normal to me. Random thoughts:

Having been tipped off about the Toadie/Terese marriage the heavy handed misdirects really stood out. I'm not actually that weirded out by it. I just want to know what happened. I feel like that's unique for a soap opera, you don't ever see the results before the events that led up to it in a soap opera, do you?

Seeing the Kennedy house fourth wall was weird, but not THAT weird. I'm glad Dr Karl's hair is back. I couldn't get used to him bald.

I see what you mean about Byron looking like Guy Pierce. In an odd way.

They're not allowed to give Harold dementia. I can't stand it.

I want Guy Pierce's house.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2023, 2:59 am

DuckHairback wrote:
Okay. So that wasn't as weird as I expected. I'd been led to believe it was really surreal and crazy but it all felt very normal to me. Random thoughts:

Having been tipped off about the Toadie/Terese marriage the heavy handed misdirects really stood out. I'm not actually that weirded out by it. I just want to know what happened. I feel like that's unique for a soap opera, you don't ever see the results before the events that led up to it in a soap opera, do you?

I see what you mean about Byron looking like Guy Pierce. In an odd way.

They're not allowed to give Harold dementia. I can't stand it.

Well apparently they are going to go 'back in time' to show us how Toadie and Terese got together. I always thought she was more of a mother figure to him but she is 49 and he's 43 so maybe not. Paul is 65 so that is more of a massive age gap to Terese! So they are teasing us regular views and enticing the newbies.

Byron could easily be the product of Jane and Mike, couldn't he. The previous Byron looked nothing like Mike or Jane, so I presume he was like Jane's ex husband.

I really hope they don't give Harold dementia, because my mum has dementia and I don't want to see a storyline about that. My uncle has dementia too and my mother in law died of dementia so it's a sore point for me. I can see myself muting those scenes.

Now on to episode 2!! !

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2023, 5:09 am

btw how do we get the title of this thread changed? Because Neighbours has returned now so the title is not accurate.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2023, 5:23 pm

^ I think you can ask Cornflake to do it the mod attention thread but I don't mind it being wrong.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2023, 5:28 pm

^^ Toadie was going to marry that other lady with the laugh, whose name I can't remember right now, and she was even older than Terese.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2023, 2:37 am

DuckHairback wrote:
^ I think you can ask Cornflake to do it the mod attention thread but I don't mind it being wrong.

Where is that thread, I can't find it?