Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Owainrhonddacynontaff
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Sep 2023, 9:31 pm

Hey everyone. I'm a nineteen year old guy with Aspergers Syndrome and ADHD. I'm currently pursuing a college diploma program for Social work in College. I struggle a lot with paying attention in class, and actually listening during lectures. Anyone else relate to this?

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2023, 8:01 am

Yes.

I struggled greatly when I was at your age. That was probably when my adhd symptoms were the worst.

You are not alone.

calciume
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Nov 2023, 5:11 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
Yes.

I struggled greatly when I was at your age. That was probably when my adhd symptoms were the worst.

You are not alone.

Did you ever have any solutions or ways you caught up or did you just deal with it or drop out? I'm in similar shoes to OP, struggling with a poorly designed English Communications class that is only online.

Dylan the autist
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Nov 2023, 4:14 pm

calciume wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
Yes.

You are not alone.

Did you ever have any solutions or ways you caught up or did you just deal with it or drop out? I'm in similar shoes to OP, struggling with a poorly designed English Communications class that is only online.

ASD and ADHD here in College, although I feel behind a lot on college work, it's not due to my ADHD I feel, to the degree of concentration at least, I think partially it's because I've developed overtime a habit of timing my study sessions and my concentration time - 50 minutes pomodoro technique followed by a 10 minute rest/relax/leisurely period, and then depending how much work is feasible to get through in a day I will continue this technique throughout the day, I hope this helps. I highly recommend checking out this YouTuber:

Hope this helps.