Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Highly_Autistic
Toucan
Toucan

21 Sep 2023, 1:49 pm

Nowadays I have brain fog and finding it hard to think and speak clearly.

I doubt if it's related to the antidepressants Im taking. Focusing on something is also difficult. I can get easily distracted.

What is the solution for this
When someone asks me something i cant instantly think and respond

spasmodichercules
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Sep 2023, 3:53 pm

Are you fatigued and tired? Or does your head just feel empty?

I'd say get your vitamin B and D levels checked, if nothing else. I found out I was pretty badly deficient in vitamin D and it seems to be helping to take a weekly supplement.

Substantially_Abstract
Raven
Raven

22 Sep 2023, 12:21 pm

I have similar right now. It is actually pretty scary to have to ask my professors very basic definitions/concepts, which I was confident in before... :?
But it may just be anxiety, because I notice my accent/understanding gets worse, when nervous around people. Also, it may be depression/burnout, because I notice my motivation to understand got affected after getting disappointed, both in some people, and in some parts of society.
My advice to you would be to find something you are passionate about to create meaning, and try to spend more time around friends/people who will support you. Also, enhancing your spirituality can help. :wink:

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2023, 3:05 pm

Diet can make or break brain fog symptoms. If you are struggling in particular, you could eat more clean foods for a healthier mind and body.

alwaysRootingForTheAI
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Sep 2023, 5:26 pm

This happens to me whenever I take my anxiety medication. It interferes so much with work and makes it so difficult to focus that I don't take it during the week anymore.