Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Oleg
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Dec 2005, 10:17 pm

I haven't used Windows XP in many months.

s0uThp4rk
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Dec 2005, 12:55 am

Sarcastic_Name wrote:
I stopped using Zone Alarm because I couldn't network with it and it kept blocking Gaim. I now use Windows Firewall. I actually like Win98 more, but that's because I used it for 6 years and then switched to XP.

there are program settings on zone alarm so you don't block things. As for XP... meh I use it just for compatibility, otherwise I'd probably just switch to Linux.

techy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Jan 2006, 9:00 pm

My dell has a intel P2 366mhz with 128mbs of ram and the xp on my dell ran faster then my former high schools p3 and p4 computers did overall at booting up and loading apps.My dell's windows XP is SP1 corp.

MindOfOrderedChaos
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2006, 10:46 pm

You can't keep Windows XP bug free. Its such a broken piece of junk. I havn't used Windows XP in many months either.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2006, 4:26 am

MindOfOrderedChaos wrote:
You can't keep Windows XP bug free. Its such a broken piece of junk. I havn't used Windows XP in many months either.

To be quite honest with you, I havn't had many issues with XP at all, however, I've disabled a lot of the 'eye candy' and unnecesary stuff as well, and I never use IE to browse, unless it's absolutely necessary (Hardly ever). No issues with the OS itself since August 2003.

Win ME on the other hand was used for less than a week before I went back to Win98, but then again, I was primarily using a Mac at that time. ME was everything that you attribute to XP.