Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2023, 5:48 pm

Cube is an excellent sci-fi/horror movie worthy of its status as a cult film.

You can watch this movie for free on You-Tube.

Patrick22348
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Oct 2023, 5:56 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Cube is an excellent sci-fi/horror movie worthy of its status as a cult film.

You can watch this movie for free on You-Tube.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cube_2:_Hypercube

PeterHoping44
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2023, 4:24 pm

John Barrymore is terrific in this movie. :)

https://youtu.be/CwfU6HOwOBE?si=FFkJG0DkIHrHRaDW

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2023, 4:33 pm

There's something that draws me into horror films, and I think I've probably seen every film ever made by the Hammer and Universal studios in this genre. An awful lot of horror films are rubbish though, particularly those made in the last 30-40 years. I hardly ever feel scared when watching any of this stuff - one of the few that produced such a reaction in me was 'The Gorgon', a Hammer film from the mid-1960s.

PeterHoping44
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2023, 4:36 pm

I had thought about starting up a top 20 horror films collection. As in, buying films that peaked at numbers 11 to 20 at the box office, per the charts on the website, Box Office Story, and etc. Unfortunately, I just do not have the space, and many movies don't always boast of repeat viewing either. So it would be like piling.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2023, 3:22 am

I love horror. I've recently started getting into Italian horror films like Suspiria and The Beyond. :D

NDM68
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Nov 2023, 10:10 am

Hey there,
I am new here and so happy to see there's a horror movie forum! I absolutely love all things horror and grew up watching monster movies and sci-fi with my siblings. We also attend horror conventions and love the sense of community, the art, the actors and creature makers who come out to discuss their work. I am a huge fan of Asian horror, slasher horror, 'bad' horror - I grew up in the 70s and 80s and saw the birth of some popular franchises, which is fun.

Some of my favorites:

-Parasite (2019)
-Audition ((1999)
-The Clash of the Titans [/list][/list](okay, not really horror, but the original was phenomenal and displayed some awesome Harryhausen FX; 1981)
-Sleepaway Camp (1983)
-Dario Argento's Dracula (2012)
-House (Japanese, 1977)
-Downrange (2017)
-The Hills Have Eyes (the original, 1977; but the remake, 2006, is okay too)
-Texas Chainsaw Massacre (again, the original, 1974; the remake in 2003 was alright)

And a couple of other Asian horror films that are 'quieter' and not as well known that I love:
-The Bridge Curse (2020)
-U-Turn (2020, from the Philippines)
-Gonjiam: Haunted Asylum (2018)
-Tomie (based on Ito's story, 9 films thus far beginning in 1998 - live action)
-Tag (2015)
-Train to Busan (2016)
-Suicide Circle (aka Suicide Club, 2001)

More recently I really enjoy most of what Blumhouse is putting out - there's a nice blend happening of teen scream, suspense, horror, and even PG13 (FNAF) which is refreshing to see, in a way. It is interesting to me that films like the Exorcist (1973) were horrifying when released, and now kids like my 16-year-old watch it and are bored / near laughter. There is, I think, a certain charm to the older films going back to Nosferatu (1922) that in some cases is being lost in current filmmaking. I remember Interview with the Vampire came out in 1994, audiences were reportedly vomiting, fainting, and leaving the theater due to its gore - now, of course, that just doesn't seem to exist. I think that, at least in part, is why I enjoy some of the Japanese horror - there is some gore and violence (sometimes a lot), however there is usually character development and a decent storyline as well - even when it is leaning toward the supernatural or absurd, there is an understanding of the characters and their experiences.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2023, 1:06 am

I love to watch old horror movies from the 30s, 40s, 50s and 60s.