Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Owainrhonddacynontaff
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Sep 2023, 3:15 pm

Hey, I'm young man, I'm very short( 5'8-5'10) and currently weight close to 200 pounds. I work out like once or twice a week, and I eat terribly. I'm a EXTREMELY, absurdly fussy eater, I HATE Tamatoes, Onions and peppers. I don't really eat or like very many vegetables (Besides Broccoli, Carots, Spinach, Kimchi, or Thai eggplant) and I have no idea how to cook, and have never, ever used a stove at age 19. and I buy food on doordash almost everyday. I don't really enjoy food anymore, unless I'm high or eating something really, really good (Like KBBQ or a expensive curry) eating just feels like a complete chore,and hardly anything tastes good anymor. If I eat I gain weight, if I don't eat I'm extremely irritable, have no energy and often get dirahree.
I want to get down to around 140 pounds if I can, and I'd like to be between 11-15 percent bodyfat. I really just don't want to be ugly. Right now I have a horrible dumble-chin, and all my features look bloated and gross. I also never feel energized because of the junk I eat, and have trouble actually pushing myself in the gym(could be related to dyspraxia)
anyway if anyone has any tips on how I can lose weight ,and get below 18% bodyfat within the next year or so, please let me know. I'm desprate.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2023, 3:21 pm

Owainrhonddacynontaff wrote:
Hey, I'm young man, I'm very short( 5'8-5'10) and currently weight close to 200 pounds. I work out like once or twice a week, and I eat terribly. I'm a EXTREMELY, absurdly fussy eater, I HATE Tamatoes, Onions and peppers. I don't really eat or like very many vegetables (Besides Broccoli, Carots, Spinach, Kimchi, or Thai eggplant) and I have no idea how to cook, and have never, ever used a stove at age 19. and I buy food on doordash almost everyday. I don't really enjoy food anymore, unless I'm high or eating something really, really good (Like KBBQ or a expensive curry) eating just feels like a complete chore,and hardly anything tastes good anymor. If I eat I gain weight, if I don't eat I'm extremely irritable, have no energy and often get dirahree.
I want to get down to around 140 pounds if I can, and I'd like to be between 11-15 percent bodyfat. I really just don't want to be ugly. Right now I have a horrible dumble-chin, and all my features look bloated and gross. I also never feel energized because of the junk I eat, and have trouble actually pushing myself in the gym(could be related to dyspraxia)
anyway if anyone has any tips on how I can lose weight ,and get below 18% bodyfat within the next year or so, please let me know. I'm desprate.

I am with you bro I am 5ft7.5-5ft8 and weigh 172 pounds currently. I work out a fair few times a week but I think most of my weight is due to the beer I drink on Saturdays.

What height are you exactly? 5ft8-5ft10 is average not very short at all unless you live in the Netherlands

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2023, 3:39 pm

I agree with Jamesy in that 5"8 - 5"10 is actually average, not "very short".

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Sep 2023, 9:40 pm

I'll suggest talking to a doc about this if that is affordable. It would be good to get a physical & make sure there's no health issues that need to be addressed or you need to be aware of. A doc might have some ideas on how you can ease your way into exercising. Plus a doc might be able to refer you to a dietition to discuss how you can modify your eating in a gradual way that you could stick with. Also there are some meds that might could help with weight loss &/or your lack of energy but meds shouldn't be your only method for losing weight, you'll have to work at it & meds might could help.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2023, 9:44 pm

Owainrhonddacynontaff wrote:
Any tips on losing weight?
[opinion=mine]

Short answer: Eat less, and exercise more.

Long answer: Eat fewer carbs and less fat; more fiber and protein. Get your heart rate up to twice your resting rate for an hour at least 3 times a week. Take up weight-training.

[/opinion]

But don't take my word for it; consult an appropriately-trained and licensed medical practitioner before starting ANY weight-loss program.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2023, 7:45 am

I learned to cook good food. This is works fabulously if you can eat the same thing every day.
I can buy several pounds of meat, cut it up, and store it in single portion plastic bags for cooking in the freezer.
Hamburger can be frozen as a large thin rectangle in a plastic bag. This makes it easy to cook on a hot skillet without defrosting! After cooking I can add a teriyaki sauce to the hamburger and eat it with steamed rice.
An automatic rice cooker is cheap and makes cooking rice simple.

markitzero
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2023, 5:00 pm

Here is the few things when I started down my weight loss path and evolved further as I got more serious because of several events which I do have a post about in this section.

-I started walking Daily worked myself up to 30min a day then I started doing it twice a day and now up to 3 times a day.
-I started doing set-ups I am up to 30 per day

For dietary stuff that I did:
-Drink more Water "I do filtered Water from a Water Store because sometimes tap water can dry you out."
-Avoid sweet Sodas "Coke, Sprite, Root Beer, etc." and replaced it with Soda Water like Liquid Death and Perrier
-Avoid Junk Food Replace it with like fruits or veggies ie. Watermelon, Honeydew, Cantaloupe slices.
-Reduce Serving Sizes and if you cook your own meals make enough for one serving and no more or eat as leftovers for several nights. Example noodles and alfredo I boil up enough for a single cereal bowl and save the rest of alfredo sauce jar for the next night.
-Lunch I started eating a bowl of Salad with no dressing, croutons, etc. the only thing I add to it is a little grated pepper-jack cheese
-Breakfast I have been having 1 egg, 1 toast, small glass of milk"2%", and 8oz of Coffee with no Creamer and no Sugar. I also started a Greens powder drink "NutraChamps Super Greens Powder".

When I go to the store I stopped buying junk food, Soda, Ice Cream, Candy.

With me personally I have no appendix that is used in the body dealing with the gut bacteria so for me I have to do probiotics like yogurt.

Kelspook
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Nov 2023, 9:14 am

I would say check out this lad on instagram. Sensible tips on how to do exactly what you're aiming for.

https://www.instagram.com/scaseyfitness/?hl=en

I've been following him since just after I went back to playing rugby and I've found him very helpful indeed :)

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2023, 9:18 am

The portions are too big and because it is expensive you feel you need to it it all.

You may be able to find cooked and delivered foods you can divide up and store in the freezer to eat later.
If you freeze things you may be able to eat them a few weeks later and still have it taste good.
Put just one portion in the refrigerator to eat soon.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2023, 9:21 am

One of the simplest thing you can do if you eat primarily take-out meals is to divide them in half, and either have the left-overs for another meal or discard them.

Learning to make one or 2 simple meals you do like at home would be another idea. Even if its just something simple like a sandwich or a salad most people can manage that with some practice even if they don't have much skill in the kitchen. The money you'll save over delivery prices will probably amaze you.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2023, 9:38 am

I find cutting out bread can have a dramatic effect on weight loss.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2023, 10:01 am

babybird wrote:

Oh s**t I have been losing weight this week but will be having pizza before my mates 40th tonight :roll:

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2023, 10:04 am

Frozen pizza is easy to cook if you have an oven.
It is easiest to cut apart while still hot. I'll divide it up and save 2/3 for later meals.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2023, 10:07 am

Jamesy wrote:
babybird wrote:

Oh s**t I have been losing weight this week but will be having pizza before my mates 40th tonight :roll:

You won't put it all back on that quick.

Have a nice night out

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2023, 10:15 am

babybird wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
babybird wrote:

You won't put it all back on that quick.

Have a nice night out[/quot

Thanks singing I an the one and only by Chesney Hawkes on karaoke in pub

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2023, 10:57 am

babybird wrote:

I have heard similar things about bread, babybird.

A friend of a relative of mine cut out bread when he was overweight and now he has gone the other way - he is under weight.