Xbox Leaving The Games Industry Would Be Better For Everyone

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2023, 7:48 am

As a PC gamer, I view the Xbox as completely unattractive. The PC has everything I would want from an Xbox & more. The best thing about Xbox is their control pad.

An opinion piece in relation to the thread title, from the Metro publication:

https://metro.co.uk/2023/09/23/xbox-leaving-the-games-industry-would-be-better-for-everyone-19545709/?ico=trending-module_category_entertainment_item-4

GeekyFreak
Raven
Raven

27 Sep 2023, 5:32 pm

I mean we can say that about every console. Even portable ones like Switch can easily be ported onto a small PC of sorts.

Honestly, PS and XBOX have been doing a disservice to the community for quite some time now. I hate to say it but its like Sega in their early days or Atari before they made their exit. You know...expensive but still full of crap.

And, of course, the main thing that makes PC better is the ability to upgrade without buying a whole new tower. Never had a PC overheat while playing things but boy oh boy consoles love to get hot.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2023, 5:36 pm

GeekyFreak wrote:
I mean we can say that about every console. Even portable ones like Switch can easily be ported onto a small PC of sorts.

Honestly, PS and XBOX have been doing a disservice to the community for quite some time now. I hate to say it but its like Sega in their early days or Atari before they made their exit. You know...expensive but still full of crap.

And, of course, the main thing that makes PC better is the ability to upgrade without buying a whole new tower. Never had a PC overheat while playing things but boy oh boy consoles love to get hot.

At least with Nintendo, they bring a specific offering with their gaming consoles, i.e, a lot of character based, games for all age groups, such as Super Mario, the Zelda series and so on.

The Xbox seems so... generic. At least Sony has some good exclusives, or has had in the past.

I'm not sure what Xbox stands for really, especially when it puts out similar games to the PC.

GeekyFreak
Raven
Raven

27 Sep 2023, 5:43 pm

To be fair, most PC games are made to run on Windows which, of course, it the older sibling of XB.

I think its mostly the fault of the companies. I have been applying and watching a few and it is not promising. Tons of layoffs, teams being fired en mass just so newbs can come in and try to work with already messy code, etc. I applied to work on the Destiny team since its my SO's favorite and it seemed fun. Man I watched that game go down hill and heard of more layoffs.

Heard XB and PS are fighting over exclusive rights all over the place. Then you have some characters where bits and pieces are owned by multiple companies (ie Spyro, which was once PS exclusive, Conker, which was a Nintendo exclusive, etc.)

Meanwhile Nintendo is like "screw this we're going to keep doing what we do."