What are the reasons for being single long term?

Page 8 of 9 [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Esme
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Oct 2023, 8:06 am

"When I asked for her number, she was like ''Eh... No'' and I went ''Okay sorry'' and she just walked on ahead of me and then I felt like I was the ''weirdo'' in that situation and felt bad."

You weren't a weirdo, just not her type. Or maybe she had a crush on someone else. Or maybe wasn't interested in dating anyone right now. Or maybe likes women instead. Or maybe any other reason. That's not a bad thing and doesn't make you a weirdo. If a guy who was my type did exactly what you did, then I'd give him my number. Nothing you did fell into 'weirdo' territory.

You'd only get that label if you responded to her 'eh...no' by insulting/stalking/attacking her (which some guys would). You didn't, so you have no reason to feel bad. When women complain about being hit on or pestered by 'weirdos', they are talking about the men who refuse to take no for an answer and do various things that come across as threatening/controlling.

Most people you meet won't be a match. But you shouldn't take that personally. Most of the men I like don't want to date me. That's just life. I imagine other people (men and women) have the same issue. Finding a partner is difficult for everyone unless you have no criteria and will date anything with a pulse. So expect to get a lot of 'eh...no's until you get one 'ok then'.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2023, 7:40 pm

And that is what makes the journey of finding love so difficult!

You have to find someone who matches your criteria which isn't always easy

Compatibility is the name of the game when it comes to love

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2023, 3:07 pm

Mikurotoro92 wrote:
That is correct @WantToHaveALife

why am i not surprised, how long you both been together now

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2023, 3:21 pm

WantToHaveALife wrote:
ya thats why it seems far more men in the world struggle to get a girlfriend than the amount of women who struggle to get a boyfriend.

In my experience women who struggle are more likely to give up entirely, men who struggle seem prone to constantly complaining about their failures.

People who give up and aren't looking aren't struggling anymore, but it doesn't mean they've succeeded.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2023, 4:01 pm

I watched a reel on fb yesterday that suggested women are staying single because men don't know how to wipe their arse after visiting the toilet.
(This was from a doctor btw who has personally witnessed this phenomenon)

WTF Keep your arse clean, guys.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2023, 4:03 pm

Raleigh wrote:
I watched a reel on fb yesterday that suggested women are staying single because men don't know how to wipe their arse after visiting the toilet.

That's disgusting.

A person shouldn't even have a spot of poop on their toilet tissue after visiting the toilet, by the time they are ready to leave the bathroom. :eew:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2023, 4:09 pm

Raleigh wrote:

That reel was obviously sponsored by the bidet industry. :evil:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2023, 4:13 pm

I remained single for years due to this very issue.

DirkGently69
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2023, 6:31 pm

I always got in trouble as a kid for using way too much toilet paper, as I couldn’t leave until my ass was spotless.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2023, 3:26 pm

It also helps if they don't have bits of paper stuck to them.
I dated a dude who always had clean TP lint on his foreskin, and other places.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2023, 3:06 pm

Another reason is the lack of emotional and intellectual connection.

Also a fear of violence and my freedom being restricted.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2023, 10:13 pm

i know i'm not the only person who has had these thoughts, but it makes me angry that there is no such thing as a pill or drug that can remove or kill the desire for wanting sex or physical intimacy, wanting a relationship, etc.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2023, 10:15 pm

WantToHaveALife wrote:
i know i'm not the only person who has had these thoughts, but it makes me angry that there is no such thing as a pill or drug that can remove or kill the desire for wanting sex or physical intimacy, wanting a relationship, etc.

Have you tried anti-depressants (SSRI's specifically) - they can be very good at reducing/killing sex drive for a lot of people who take them. It is usually an unwanted side effect, but could be perceived as a desirable side effect, also.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2023, 2:16 am

WantToHaveALife wrote:

If you want to stop desiring a romantic relationship you need to find reasons that go AGAINST being in a relationship!

But I desire sex and intimacy too

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2023, 7:20 pm

Mikurotoro92 wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:

If you want to stop desiring a romantic relationship you need to find reasons that go AGAINST being in a relationship!

But I desire sex and intimacy too

makes me angry since i got out of a mismatched relationship, sadly got involved with an asexual person.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2023, 12:04 am

Overall, it's just social isolation. Without any friends, I can't think of anything to go do by myself so I pretty much don't leave my house anymore except to run errands or something.