Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2023, 5:58 pm

Can I block someone so that I can't see their posts (or even replies that quote them) as if they were not here?

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2023, 6:04 pm

You can add people to your 'foes' list which is on your profile settings, under 'friends & foes'. I don't know how or if it works, however.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2023, 6:21 pm

Adding someone to your "Foes" list does two things:

1. Their PMs to you may be deleted before you can read them ( have to set this up in your PM menu).

2. When you do a search for their posts, when you are writing a post for submittal in a thread in which they have posted, you will not see the post but a message reminding you that the are on your "Foes" list.

Sadly, you will still see their posts when browsing threads.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2023, 12:28 am

Oh well. Thanks for your answers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2023, 1:38 am

You're welcome, Bee.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2023, 11:08 am

I thought I would be able to just put up with it, but since the mods have been inactive and unresponsive on what a couple of people keep on doing to make WP a place where you can just get ganged up on and bullied, like "mean-girls" in a high school, I don't think I'll be able to stay.

Ever since I brought the matter up a couple of days ago I have received PMs from three different people I don't know complaining about the same people doing the same thing. And still nothing happens to fix it.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2023, 11:32 am

bee33 wrote:
I thought I would be able to just put up with it, but since the mods have been inactive and unresponsive on what a couple of people keep on doing to make WP a place where you can just get ganged up on and bullied, like "mean-girls" in a high school, I don't think I'll be able to stay.

Ever since I brought the matter up a couple of days ago I have received PMs from three different people I don't know complaining about the same people doing the same thing. And still nothing happens to fix it.

Might try to contact Magz , and see what you can get processed with her . Please stay if you can .
But she (Magz)apparently is right nextdoor to a Warzone where she lives,in Real Life, if i understand correctly .
There has been banning attacks on certain individuals for some long time, inhabitants here . Which seem to be based on escalated
difference of opinions . Not considering that Aspies are all different with different experieces and triggers ..
So please try to stay and muddle through the lower level incitements by people .you have been through alot
and this place is merely a virtual place .. Although for many Aspies it can be much more .Possibly because some
of us do not do/ or cant do Friendships , with the bulk of the human population it seems sometimes ( often) :nerdy:

where ever you go ,there you are

Last edited by Jakki on 01 Oct 2023, 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2023, 11:49 am

Thank you for your nice words.

I don't want anyone to be banned or even suspended. I just want it to stop happening. But I don't think it will stop.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2023, 7:36 pm

bee33 wrote:

Here is how to fix the offending PM problem:

1. Click on the (new messages) line next to your [Log Out] button to access your PMs.

2. Click on ">> Rules, folders, and settings".

3. Under "Add new rule", select "Sender" and click [Next].

4. Select "Is foe" and click [Next].

5. Select "Delete Message" and click [Add Rule].

That sets up your PM folder.  You should not have to repeat it.  The next few steps apply to offenders.

6. Click on the offender's [Profile] button.

7. Click on the "Add Foe" option.

8. Click on "Yes".

That should do it for you. The member's PMs to you will be deleted before you can read them. You may, however, see that you have new messages, but when you go to read them, they won't be there. No worries, this is normal.

:D

Edited to put steps in correct order, and to add comments.

Last edited by Fnord on 01 Oct 2023, 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

02 Oct 2023, 3:54 am

! magz wrote:
Some posts have been removed. Please, check your PMs.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2023, 5:30 am

Fnord wrote:
bee33 wrote:

Here is how to fix the offending PM problem:

1. Click on the (new messages) line next to your [Log Out] button to access your PMs.

2. Click on ">> Rules, folders, and settings".

3. Under "Add new rule", select "Sender" and click [Next].

4. Select "Is foe" and click [Next].

5. Select "Delete Message" and click [Add Rule].

That sets up your PM folder.  You should not have to repeat it.  The next few steps apply to offenders.

6. Click on the offender's [Profile] button.

7. Click on the "Add Foe" option.

8. Click on "Yes".

That should do it for you. The member's PMs to you will be deleted before you can read them. You may, however, see that you have new messages, but when you go to read them, they won't be there. No worries, this is normal.

:D

Edited to put steps in correct order, and to add comments.

The thread seems to be about forum posts and not PM's.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2023, 5:45 am

Nades wrote:
I expanded on the second and third posts in this thread.  So sorry it ruined your day.

:roll:

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2023, 1:59 pm

Fnord wrote:
Nades wrote:
I expanded on the second and third posts in this thread.

Indeed. And I would think that anybody wanting to block a particular member's post would also be interested in blocking PMs from the same member.

There's apparently a Monkey script for blocking the posts of individual members:

viewtopic.php?t=167309

But it looks rather a brainer, especially if you're not a techie. I used a Monkey once and got it to work, but my mind balked when I saw the aforementioned thread. I suspect I could do it if the instructions are correct, but it would likely take me a few hours.

I can see the attraction of blocking habitually scurrilous members. It's a rare gift to be 100% courteous all the time, and being so has its downside, but some of the unprovoked personal attacks I've seen recently are distracting, infuriating and depressing enough to make me seriously consider trying that Monkey. I can imagine that auto-deleting posts by specific individuals could lead to confusion on occasion unless the Monkey script is amazingly well-designed, but for some of us it'd probably be better than the alternative.

I hope you don't end up leaving, Bee. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would miss you.