Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2023, 2:45 am

ha ha last time I got a phone upgrade I was kind of set on trying to get a samsung, but the pixel had more memory plus the guy at the store was very much recommending that one so I went with it. And ahh it feels like I finally really have a real smart phone.

So like apple and samsung get out of the way, the google pixel is awesome, plus idk metro PCS rocks I pay 40 a month for unlimited access to internet and texting and phone calls, idk why more people do not go with this plan. For my boyfriend I get it cause his parents pay for his iphone and well it means he doesn't have to pay a phone bill at all but for people paying their own phone, why do a 60-80 contract dollar plan a month when you could just get full service for 40 bucks a month with still getting a good recent phone all with no contract aside from if you don't pay the 40 bucks you don't get the service but no fees or anything like that if you don't pay.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2023, 11:03 am

My son has a Pixel and loves it because he has hundreds of thousands of songs in storage, and no other phone had as much memory. It's Android, right? I don't think I'd be able to navigate anything non-Apple because I'm so used to Apple, but I know Pixels are great. Sounds like you got a really good deal too!

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2023, 8:02 pm

Most phones have expandable storage of some kind, such as micro-SD slots, which is cheaper storage than paying for in-built storage that comes with a phone as standard.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2023, 10:08 pm

The Google Pixel looks pretty cool. How much memory does it have? Are you referring to storage or RAM?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2023, 1:44 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
My son has a Pixel and loves it because he has hundreds of thousands of songs in storage, and no other phone had as much memory. It's Android, right? I don't think I'd be able to navigate anything non-Apple because I'm so used to Apple, but I know Pixels are great. Sounds like you got a really good deal too!

The big memory was one of the reasons I got this phone, like I had been set on looking into a samsung but the samsung phones in a simular price range had way less memory and the guy at the store certainly recommened the pixel over those. But yes it is android, and in my case I don't think I could navigate an apple because I am so used to android.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2023, 1:56 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
Most phones have expandable storage of some kind, such as micro-SD slots, which is cheaper storage than paying for in-built storage that comes with a phone as standard.

Idk I only payed close to 200$ bucks to upgrade to the pixel plus get a case and screen protector and a good charger for it so it wasn't too expensive to just get a phone with better storage at least through metro PCS. But also are you sure about the SD slots? my new phone certainly does not have any micro SD slots and just checked my previous phone which also does not have any. Or is it like something you'd have to do phone surgery for?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2023, 2:06 am

But also idk I think it is great to just pay 40 bucks once a month for unlimited service, so I am a bit confused about why everyone doesn't use a service like that. Like if you are paying more than 40 bucks a month for your smart phone I am curious as to why?

LIke idk my family and such will like talk about their annoying phone bills and I am sitting there like, my phone can do anything your phones can do, yet you never hear me complaining about my phone bill since it's only 40 bucks a month as opposed to 80 plus. So idk part of me is jsut like 'why don't you all switch to metro PCS than, its so much cheaper and still gives good service.' so idk can any of you enlighten me as to why this is?

zacb
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2023, 3:21 am

I like my Pixel. It seems to work and is not too bloated. I would like to test some overseas phones, but if I need to stick to US phones Pixels are pretty good.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2023, 1:37 am

I've had my Huawei phone since 2018 and pay $49AUD per month for it. The screen is still fine, there's no burn in and I haven't dropped it. But I'm thinking of getting a Pixel and Sweetleaf's review has pretty much sold me. Why pay more when the Pixel is a perfectly good phone to pay less for?

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2023, 8:17 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
So idk part of me is jsut like 'why don't you all switch to metro PCS than, its so much cheaper and still gives good service.' so idk can any of you enlighten me as to why this is?

Because Metro PCS (now a subsidiary of TMobile) is, as its name suggests, available only in major metro areas. (I have Metro PCS too.)

Its limited availability is what enables it to be so cheap. It is much cheaper for a phone company to build a relatively few cell phone towers in major metro areas than to build a lot more cell phone towers out in the boonies.