Why do guys make this assumption when a lady talks to them?

Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2023, 3:16 pm

babybird wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
babybird wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
This woman talked to me last night and said "For Halloween you should dress up as Jimmy Saville" 8O

I think it's safe to say that she doesn't fancy you then Jamesy. You need to stay away from these dickheads. Seriously. I'd rather have no friends at all than spend my time with people who are more than happy to disrespect me in that way.

Calling me a pedophile basically

The women who made the remark was 30 by the way

You can call someone a pedo at any age.

I actually don't think these people actually believe that you are a pedo or else you wouldn't be able to walk into that particular pub. I just think they're malicious people. You can do better than to associate with them Jamesy.

My brother once said at that particular pub/bar that I look really out of place there.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2023, 3:20 pm

Well I've never seen you Jamesy but you strike me as the kind of person who may look a little bit lost.

Like you've been delivered by Evri.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2023, 3:28 pm

That's not the case at all. And it works in reverse too. Men who talk to women or initiate contact with women don't necessarily 'fancy' them. Sometimes they may contact women simply to have a conversation with a female, in a platonic way.

If someone was comparing you to Jimmy Saville, Jamesy, I would quickly break ties with that person as obviously they are not very nice people to do that.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2023, 3:30 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
That's not the case at all. And it works in reverse too. Men who talk to women or initiate contact with women don't necessarily 'fancy' them. Sometimes they may contact women simply to have a conversation with a female, in a platonic way.

If someone was comparing you to Jimmy Saville, Jamesy, I would quickly break ties with that person as obviously they are not very nice people to do that.

When I was younger I hardly ever went out on the weekends and I felt depressed because of it.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2023, 3:33 pm

I am usually the opposite.

A nice attractive store associate lady struck up a conversation with me... when I was counting her dept store with inventory company I work for.

She said "i would get tired of that beeping sound your counting machine makes". There are things we get tired of but that is not one of them. So I tried to explain to her that the beeping sound is a "welcome thing" because it means data is successfully going into your machine so you can move forward and blah blah.

Like a day later it dawned on me that she was just making conversation and was probably flirting with me. That I shoudnt have been so dense.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2023, 3:34 pm

Jamesy wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

When I was younger I hardly ever went out on the weekends and I felt depressed because of it.

Do you feel depressed now, Jamesy?

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2023, 3:42 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

Not really although I wish when I do go out on that one day in the week (Saturday) that I could control my drinking better.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2023, 3:44 pm

Jamesy wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

Not really although I wish when I do go out on that one day in the week (Saturday) that I could control my drinking better.

There are plenty of British folk who excessively drink. You are not alone, at least. :skull:

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2023, 3:45 pm

I'm the same. I just knock em back. Especially if I've not had much to eat.

I know about it the next day though.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2023, 3:48 pm

babybird wrote:
I'm the same. I just knock em back. Especially if I've not had much to eat.

I know about it the next day though.

Yeah same here and what’s worse you regret embarrassing yourself the next day

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2023, 3:51 pm

How have you embarrassed yourself

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2023, 4:20 pm

babybird wrote:
How have you embarrassed yourself

Yeah sure I have

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2023, 2:27 pm

old_comedywriter wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
This woman talked to me last night and said "For Halloween you should dress up as Jimmy Saville"

You should have told her to piss off.

I block and report people on message boards and chat rooms for saying that.

Have to admit it's a pretty good line. Maybe Jamesy thought it up himself.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2023, 10:09 pm

because 99 percent of women will never start an interaction with a guy first

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2023, 10:14 pm

Where did you get that number from?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 Oct 2023, 3:17 am

WantToHaveALife wrote:
because 99 percent of women will never start an interaction with a guy first
Some wonen don't initiate friendship with guys due to guys tending to assume the woman must be interested in more. Women don't want to get blamed for leading a guy on. However fewer women initiating friendship with guys will contribute to guys having that assumption.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition