If autistic people may have issues with theory of mind with

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

justanotherpersonsomewhere23124
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Oct 2023, 7:53 pm

If autistic people may have issues with theory of mind with non autistics, do you think that maybe non-autistics have the same issue towards autistics?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2023, 8:15 pm

Yes.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2023, 10:47 pm

No.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

GreenVelvetWorm
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Oct 2023, 12:16 am

This question raises another question for me- when it comes to struggling with theory of mind, does this not affect autistic people as much when they're dealing with other autistic people? I didn't realize the neurotype of the subject made a difference

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2023, 12:20 am

GreenVelvetWorm wrote:
This question raises another question for me- when it comes to struggling with theory of mind, does this not affect autistic people as much when they're dealing with other autistic people? I didn't realize the neurotype of the subject made a difference

I imagine a struggle with theory of mind would be equally troublesome in ND exclusive relations, as well as ND & NT relations.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2023, 12:21 am

justanotherpersonsomewhere23124 wrote:
If autistic people may have issues with theory of mind with non autistics, do you think that maybe non-autistics have the same issue towards autistics?

I think that NT's are probably better at understanding autistic folk than autistic folk are at understanding NT's. But NT's are the best at understanding other NT's, in general.