[Rant] So I've got the absolute worst baby fever

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

GeekyFreak
Raven
Raven

06 Oct 2023, 4:07 pm

How tf do I fix this? Its been almost two years.

For the record I want more kids and SO has dropped hints, I just can't.

I almost kicked the bucket after I had my first. Tons of hemorrhaging, lost consciousness a few times, etc. SO freaked out and got a vasectomy. His body, his choice and I completely understand his reasoning.

The last three houses I've lived in for the last 7 years wouldn't pass a homestudy for adoption. We had the idea of adopting out of foster care as well.

And man when that baby fever comes aroundI turn into a mess. I've got the oogle eyes for the littles and want to stop and look at baby stuff all the time. Sometimes even messes with my focus.

Someone shoot me or something.

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2023, 5:33 pm

(1) Maybe get involved with younger kids in a different way? Tutoring, coaching, volunteering: hospital baby hugger, Big Sister? (2) If it's important enough, move to a homestudy-passable place. (3a) Let the baby fever pass - it will, and over time it will lessen, (3b) Channel it into a new hobby or special interest!

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2023, 9:43 pm

Go check the news, when you see how horrible humans are and that the Earth is doomed because of climate change, pandemics and war, maybe you'll think twice about bringing yet another human live into these wretched times. It makes me wish my parents never had me. What's the point if it's all going to end soon?