Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2023, 1:42 am

When i bought my laptop last year, I bought a mouse for it, it took me almost 11 months to hook up my mouse, it is a wireless mouse. Did it come with a cord to set it up? I forget. I didn't have laptop for over 10 years. I tried everything i can think of to hook it up, i tried Bluetooth, it didn't work, i tried it again later, it worked, werid, it didn't work before, I can do stuff without knowing how I did it.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2023, 5:23 am

A wireless mouse usually comes with a small transmitter which is simply inserted into a usb socket and that's it! I'd assume you must have done this at some point.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2023, 6:24 am

There is the type of wireless that DeepHour mentions and then there is bluetooth which is also wireless, but is a different technology/uses different radio waves.

Bluetooth is designed to communicate over a shorter distance than traditional wireless technology.

Bluetooth does not require a usb receiver to plug into a computer. In most cases, a laptop that is relatively modern or a desktop PC will have a built in bluetooth receiver, but if it doesn't, you would need a bluetooth usb stick to receive bluetooth signals from your mouse.

GeekyFreak
Raven
Raven

10 Oct 2023, 4:14 am

Did you check the batteries?