Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Suicidal_Vampire
Raven
Raven

12 Oct 2023, 1:55 pm

I know I already have a Seinfeld thread, but the impending reboot is to be considered a different discussion.
Possible alternative interpretations of Jerry's statements.
I don't know if I'm overthinking it, but he didn't say he was rebooting it, everyone kind of just interpreted it that way. He says he "has a little secret" about the finale of the show. I might just be literal, and I'd like a second opinion.
Anyway, if anyone needs me, I'll be re-watching Seinfeld for the 20th time and binging Curb Your Enthusiasm just to get to the reunion episode!

"Really? I'd like to meet him."

Red82
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Oct 2023, 7:42 am

Curb Yr Enthusiasm is great. Apart from the episode he took the piss out of US. But i managed to survive that. :)

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2023, 8:02 am

I really hope there is not a re-boot. The original ended long after it should have.

Suicidal_Vampire
Raven
Raven

13 Oct 2023, 8:07 am

I actually kinda agree with this, because reboots are like, almost always terrible, but as Seinfeld is my special interest, I'll be watching all of it. I can only hope it's not as bad as Futurama season 8 :P
Also, since Seinfeld is a time capsule of the 90s, I really hope they set it there again because bringing Seinfeld to modern times just... doesn't work.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2023, 8:48 am

I really liked it originally, and some episodes are really good but on the whole when a series ends its never a good idea to bring it back. It just doesn't work. Besides, what will Seinfeld be without Kramer? without Mr. & Mrs Costanza? Jerry's parents? etc.

Suicidal_Vampire
Raven
Raven

13 Oct 2023, 1:14 pm

Perhaps it's not a reboot, but a follow up to the finale, or explanation of the finale, as many fans hated it. Idk, but as a Seinfeld fan, I'm looking forward to anything Jerry can come up with to briefly entertain the masses yet again.