“Bigfoot” existed in Thailand and Indonesia:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigantopithecus

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2023, 7:10 am

cyberdad wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
My criteria is to took at the body proportions. We humans have big strong long legs and small wimpy arms. Our African ape cousins are the opposite. Longer arms than legs. Supposedly bigfoots are in between. Have longer arms relative to their legs than we do, but shorter than chimp and gorilla arms. So...if the body proportions of the figure in the pic are too humanlike I stop looking at it. But if the thing has arms and legs that are of similar size to each other than (not quite humanlike)...not enough to make me a convert...but its enough to make me take it seriously. .

What about the estimated height?

The witnesses on the train claim to know the landscape well enough to make a guess. Maybe they do. Maybe they dont.

But for you and me...there is NO point of reference in the clip to even make a guess.

Maybe the crew of the "Finding Bigfoot" TV show can find that exact spot, and can reproduce that exact camera angle from the train window and have someone stand in the spot with a measuring rod, and match it up with the vid frames.

Anything less than that...its anyone's guess.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2023, 9:58 am

naturalplastic wrote:
But for you and me...there is NO point of reference in the clip to even make a guess.

Check the comments. People who know the area claim that those bushes are around three feet tall.

Hmm, I'm slowing the video down, and the more I look at it, the more it does look like someone in a suit.
Idunno. I'm no fur expert. But a lot of the movement looks like a very loose-fitting suit.
If it is a suit, then I guess kudos to you for putting your health and safety on the line for a prank.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2023, 2:48 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
If it is a suit, then I guess kudos to you for putting your health and safety on the line for a prank.

Given how far away the critter was, they would have to have timed it and been in cahoots with the photographer. All a slight long shot.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2023, 2:52 am

naturalplastic wrote:
[
The witnesses on the train claim to know the landscape well enough to make a guess. Maybe they do. Maybe they dont.

Maybe the crew of the "Finding Bigfoot" TV show can find that exact spot, and can reproduce that exact camera angle from the train window and have someone stand in the spot with a measuring rod, and match it up with the vid frames.

Anything less than that...its anyone's guess.

The tussocks of grass are around 3ft tall which means the individual captured in the film is very tall. How tall?

at a conservative estimate even if you took the tussocks at 2feet tall the dude is still 7 feet tall, if they are 3ft tall then we are looking at a 8-9 foot individual

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2023, 3:53 am

cyberdad wrote:
The tussocks of grass are around 3ft tall which means the individual captured in the film is very tall. How tall?

at a conservative estimate even if you took the tussocks at 2feet tall the dude is still 7 feet tall, if they are 3ft tall then we are looking at a 8-9 foot individual
Did you measure those tussocks yourself?  Did you get a video of yourself measuring those tussocks?  Did you use a meter-stick and pretend it was a yardstick . . . you know, measure in centimeters and claim it was inches?

Except for the video's mere existence, you've been making this all up.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2023, 10:22 am

cyberdad wrote:
Given how far away the critter was, they would have to have timed it and been in cahoots with the photographer. All a slight long shot.

Possibly in cahoots, but not necessarily. Mind you, more than one person on the train witnessed this and/or caught this on film (I think they said there's another video? but I didn't look for it)
I think if they were in cahoots, they would've got more than just the last few seconds on tape. It took them a bit to notice the figure and hit the "record" button.

Fnord wrote:
Except for the video's mere existence, you've been making this all up.

Read the comments. People who are familiar with the area have been chiming in.
Whether or not you choose to believe them is a different matter.
If it is a person in a suit, and they are 7-8 feet tall, it would explain why it looks like a suit that doesn't fit very snugly. Ask any tall person how much they love shopping for clothes that fit.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2023, 2:46 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
[
I think if they were in cahoots, they would've got more than just the last few seconds on tape. It took them a bit to notice the figure and hit the "record" button.\

There is a Spanish language youtube video that claims there is a second bigfoot in the video (they have a still with the 2nd creature circled in the distance, I had a look myself at the moving images and couldn't see it (perhaps they are too well camouflaged?)).

Yes that's why I said the hoax theory is shambles. Surely the hoaxer and collaborator would want a more convincing shot? secondly if this was an independent prank then why g to the trouble to a) travel to locate and travel across distances to such an isolated spot b) find the world's most convincing costume c) make sure the costume not only fitted perfectly but also matched the surrounding grassland (how is that even possible?) only to pick this one train to prank, and stand so far away without knowing if they will be seen? (from the testimony the Parker's were the only ones to have seen them and perhaps one more witness as you say).

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2023, 2:50 pm

cyberdad wrote:
I had a look myself at the moving images and couldn't see it (perhaps they are too well camouflaged?)).
Perhaps they are nonexistent.

Quote:
Yes that's why I said the hoax theory is shambles. Surely the hoaxer and collaborator would want a more convincing shot? secondly if this was an independent prank then why g to the trouble to only pick this one train to prank, and stand so far away without knowing if they will be seen? (from the testimony the Parker's were the only ones to have seen them and perhaps one more witness as you say).
Once again, weird human behavior is not proof of Bigfoot. It’s not proof that it isn’t a hoax. People do weird stuff all the time.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2023, 3:01 pm

Fnord wrote:
Did you measure those tussocks yourself?  Did you get a video of yourself measuring those tussocks?  Did you use a meter-stick and pretend it was a yardstick . . . you know, measure in centimeters and claim it was inches?.

Just estimating based on how big tussock grasses get The variety in Colorado are easy to find on the internet and it so happens can get up to 5m in height.

I don't think the ones in the video are that big so that's why I offered a range of sizes.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2023, 3:07 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
Once again, weird human behavior is not proof of Bigfoot. It’s not proof that it isn’t a hoax. People do weird stuff all the time.

Weird is one thing, but the logistical hurdles here are too overwhelming. I think there are two things could happen to
1, The Parker's monetise the video
2, costume shop comes forward with the exact same costume

In point 2, I know for the Gimlin fllm there was a costume shop that came forward to claim they were the ones who supplied the costume for the now famous film, however the owners have never shown evidence they actually have costumes that matched the alleged video taken in 1967. I think even Hollywood costume designers were interviewed back then said they did not have costumes that matched the fit (particularly the head and neck) and these guys were cutting edge of film special effects for the time.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2023, 3:19 pm

The logistical hurdles are too overwhelming for it not to be a hoax of some sort. It’s impossible to know the details until we are given more evidence.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2023, 3:54 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Check the comments. People who know the area claim that those bushes are around three feet tall.

Hmm, I'm slowing the video down, and the more I look at it, the more it does look like someone in a suit.
Idunno. I'm no fur expert. But a lot of the movement looks like a very loose-fitting suit.

Plot twist: What if Bigfoots wear suits too.

WisteriaRose
Toucan
Toucan

15 Oct 2023, 4:03 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
SabbraCadabra wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Plot twist: What if Bigfoots wear suits too.

Maybe this explains that tall, quiet kid in my high school…

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2023, 4:11 pm

cyberdad, what are your thoughts on the Loch Ness monster?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2023, 4:14 pm

I know someone that wore a gorilla costume to try and scare the tourists.
The white tennis shoes sort of gave it away.