Why do women even bother going on nights out?

Page 6 of 8 [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2023, 6:30 pm

Recidivist wrote:
I'm talking drugs prescribed by a Dr, he's admitted he was on antidepressants to stop him from killing people. Before I knew this there was a marked difference in his aggression levels and I suspected he was being medicated but don't have any evidence to back it up.

Oh right.

Yeah, antidepressants can definitely make a person less aggressive. I can personally attest to this effect of them.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2023, 1:47 pm

Jamesy wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:
People can’t just stop living life because of the what ifs.

Would YOU stay at home if you were a woman?

My mom once said that club mangers/security do not want men in nightclubs which does not really make much sense :?

No, that doesn't make sense.

Managers/security want pretty girls in the club because then men will stick around and spend money while they're flirting with those girls. They need a proper mix to be optimally profitable.

It's possible to make money at a pub with all guys drinking pints watching sports, or a gay bar etc, too. Lesbian only bars are pretty rare.. women don't usually tend to drink enough to keep a bar in business.

But it's nonsensical to say managers/bouncers don't want men in bars. Of course they do - bars are businesses and men spend more money.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2023, 3:24 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:

My mom once said that club mangers/security do not want men in nightclubs which does not really make much sense :?

Managers/security want pretty girls in the club because then men will stick around and spend money while they're flirting with those girls. They need a proper mix to be optimally profitable.

It's possible to make money at a pub with all guys drinking pints watching sports, or a gay bar etc, too. Lesbian only bars are pretty rare.. women don't usually tend to drink enough to keep a bar in business.

But it's nonsensical to say managers/bouncers don't want men in bars. Of course they do - bars are businesses and men spend more money.

I once dressed ‘reasonably’ smartly to get into a night club back in 2018 (it was the weekend Harry wed Megan Markle so it was packed out in town). There was a group of girls I vaguely knew and I tried to sort of tag along with them into the club but security gave me no chance of getting in that night.

Come to think of there is a possibility one of the girls in the group made a complaint about me because a few of them did not really like me that much :?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

07 Nov 2023, 2:51 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:

Decent managers/security tend to want certain types of men & women in bars. Decent bars tend to have some kind of theme & cater to a certain type of crowd. The theme & crowd can vary widely by bar & area. People who don't fit the theme & crowd are less likely to be allowed in. Generally speaking decent bars don't want customers who might cause problems for their patrons.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2023, 7:29 am

nick007 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:

Decent managers/security tend to want certain types of men & women in bars. Decent bars tend to have some kind of theme & cater to a certain type of crowd. The theme & crowd can vary widely by bar & area. People who don't fit the theme & crowd are less likely to be allowed in. Generally speaking decent bars don't want customers who might cause problems for their patrons.

Do aspie guys cause trouble for patrons?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2023, 10:29 am

Jamesy wrote:
You do due to having bad social skills & creeping women out

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2023, 11:40 am

nick007 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

WOW that's a bit harsh

Yes I can control some of my creepy behaviour but it's not always easy.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2023, 11:44 am

I'm a woman and I stay home alone every night playing video games and watching YouTube. And I don't get why that doesn't make me just as big of a cave-dwelling loser than it does when a guy does it.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2023, 12:12 pm

Jamesy wrote:
nick007 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

WOW that's a bit harsh

Yes I can control some of my creepy behaviour but it's not always easy.
James judging by this & some of your other posts you have stated that some women & men at bars do think you are a creep. Being thought a creep at a bar can cause problems even thou I'm sure you are not intending to but others there are uncomfortable or even warry by your presence. I don't want to be rude but I really do not know how else to explain this.

Last edited by nick007 on 09 Nov 2023, 2:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2023, 1:44 pm

Jamesy,
The way you phrased your original question might have offended some people - this kind of thing is a hot button topic for some people.
To break it down - you would like to find a woman to become more intimate with. You are aware some women do not want that kind of intimacy with you but you really don’t understand why this happens. So here is part of the problem: if you express interest in a woman verbally or nonverbal you might be accepted or you might be rejected. Being rejected hurts - and can be confusing to you. Part of what you don’t understand is that the woman may also be offended. You may be impacting her need to feel safe and secure in a negative way. This creates conflict. Some people are aggressive in a conflict situation. Some people become angry. Some people withdraw or freeze. This is called “fight or fright or freeze”. Your experience is not uncommon so some people have a preconceived notion of these things based on past experiences. The people on this thread who are reacting negatively and aggressively towards you are not only reacting to you but in the context of past experiences with these types of issues. When they say “you are a creep” what they mean is “your behavior negatively impacts my needs and I want you to change your behavior”. Empathy is hard. A man may feel it is his duty to defend a women or women in general if he believes she is in danger. A woman may have been hurt in the past and wants to defend herself or other women. When people are in conflict it is hard for them to respond with empathy.
Things you have said have put you into conflict with others on this thread and rather than responding to you with empathy they are responding with anger, aggression or deprecating humor. Not everyone but most of the responses are like this. Some men go beyond words or non-touch actions and hurt women bodily. So this is a very triggering issue for many people - some people overreact- and feel very justified in doing so. It is complicated. It is real.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2023, 3:50 pm

Fenn wrote:
Jamesy,
The way you phrased your original question might have offended some people - this kind of thing is a hot button topic for some people.
To break it down - you would like to find a woman to become more intimate with. You are aware some women do not want that kind of intimacy with you but you really don’t understand why this happens. So here is part of the problem: if you express interest in a woman verbally or nonverbal you might be accepted or you might be rejected. Being rejected hurts - and can be confusing to you. Part of what you don’t understand is that the woman may also be offended. You may be impacting her need to feel safe and secure in a negative way. This creates conflict. Some people are aggressive in a conflict situation. Some people become angry. Some people withdraw or freeze. This is called “fight or fright or freeze”. Your experience is not uncommon so some people have a preconceived notion of these things based on past experiences. The people on this thread who are reacting negatively and aggressively towards you are not only reacting to you but in the context of past experiences with these types of issues. When they say “you are a creep” what they mean is “your behavior negatively impacts my needs and I want you to change your behavior”. Empathy is hard. A man may feel it is his duty to defend a women or women in general if he believes she is in danger. A woman may have been hurt in the past and wants to defend herself or other women. When people are in conflict it is hard for them to respond with empathy.
Things you have said have put you into conflict with others on this thread and rather than responding to you with empathy they are responding with anger, aggression or deprecating humor. Not everyone but most of the responses are like this. Some men go beyond words or non-touch actions and hurt women bodily. So this is a very triggering issue for many people - some people overreact- and feel very justified in doing so. It is complicated. It is real.

Men feel they have a duty to defend/protect women but guys also have a responsibility to look out for each other to.

Bros before hoes

Oh yeah my mom warned me once that if I shouted at a woman in public that there is a risk I would get punched by another man. Disgusting how men always side with women all the time. Sorry I just needed to get that of my chest :evil:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2023, 4:34 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Men feel they have a duty to defend/protect women but guys also have a responsibility to look out for each other to.

Bros before hoes

Oh yeah my mom warned me once that if I shouted at a woman in public that there is a risk I would get punched by another man. Disgusting how men always side with women all the time. Sorry I just needed to get that of my chest :evil:

Men feel am innate responsibility to protect women & children, who are typically smaller and weaker, from any sort of predator or danger. That's biology regardless of feminist movements of recent times.

Men will protect other men as well, especially if they are part of their tribe. But they're unlikely to protect a man who's harming a woman or child in any way, to the contrary, that man is much more likely to catch a beating.

Uuuuh, you're completely overlooking the fact that your act of shouting at a woman in public is something the observing man is likely to find disgusting, rude, in very poor taste etc. Whether that man has a sexual attraction to the women or not may also play into things - he'd likely call you out or give you a smack regardless, but if he views the woman as someone he'd like to impress and perhaps date/hookup with, then there's a WAY higher likelihood that he's going to give you a good smack for your crude behaviour towards her. Is what it is. Buddy isn't going to high five you for being a jerk and then hope to get your number for a date later lol no way, he's going to call you out for being a rude jerk, maybe give ya a smack/punch for it as your mother warned you, and then go talk to the woman he just "saved," from your nastiness.

Some people have to learn the hard way.. don't be surprised if you catch hands for being rude to women.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2023, 4:44 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Bros before hoes

Men feel am innate responsibility to protect women & children, who are typically smaller and weaker, from any sort of predator or danger. That's biology regardless of feminist movements of recent times.

Men will protect other men as well, especially if they are part of their tribe. But they're unlikely to protect a man who's harming a woman or child in any way, to the contrary, that man is much more likely to catch a beating.

Uuuuh, you're completely overlooking the fact that your act of shouting at a woman in public is something the observing man is likely to find disgusting, rude, in very poor taste etc. Whether that man has a sexual attraction to the women or not may also play into things - he'd likely call you out or give you a smack regardless, but if he views the woman as someone he'd like to impress and perhaps date/hookup with, then there's a WAY higher likelihood that he's going to give you a good smack for your crude behaviour towards her. Is what it is. Buddy isn't going to high five you for being a jerk and then hope to get your number for a date later lol no way, he's going to call you out for being a rude jerk, maybe give ya a smack/punch for it as your mother warned you, and then go talk to the woman he just "saved," from your nastiness.

Some people have to learn the hard way.. don't be surprised if you catch hands for being rude to women.

I always have the option to smack him back as well.

In terms of hierarchy I will ALWAYS put a child before a woman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2023, 4:55 pm

Jamesy wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Bros before hoes

Sure, you have that option.. but prepare to have your ass kicked, possibly by more than one man.

A way better strategy is to learn not to do things that are considered so rude & socially unacceptable that they could drive other men to punch you for doing them. Example: Never shout out at a woman in public. It's almost never an acceptable way to get her attention or express your attraction to her and could land you in some trouble with anyone who witnesses you being so rude to her.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2023, 4:56 pm

In general, it’s a bad idea to shout at people.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2023, 5:04 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Bros before hoes

Sure, you have that option.. but prepare to have your ass kicked, possibly by more than one man.

A way better strategy is to learn not to do things that are considered so rude & socially unacceptable that they could drive other men to punch you for doing them. Example: Never shout out at a woman in public. It's almost never an acceptable way to get her attention or express your attraction to her and could land you in some trouble with anyone who witnesses you being so rude to her.

One of my friends at the pub called a barmaid a “c**t” and 2 large men physically threw him out of the establishment from what I heard. There was also another occasion when he was physically punched outside the same pub.