Page 29 of 33 [ 519 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2024, 3:44 am

There isn't a lot about alexithymia and the ego.
Another stuff that google couldn't answer for me.

BUT -- I can figure it out myself; those with alexithymia SEEM like they have less ego. The same way they SEEM stoic.

The ego itself... Is very attached to thoughts and emotions; and uses it to fuel it's own existence, a distraction. And ego-centry is this preoccupation of it.

Before all this; I was very ego centric. Because my ego is very, very loud. One of the many things I have to contend and fight in the inside.
Ignoring it feels bad, not ignoring it also feels bad.

Now that I don't hear this nag in my head.

With whatever version of alexithymia I had; the emotions are almost muted; thus also certain thoughts.

The only known preoccupations those with alexithymia has is body vigilance.
And beyond that; is nothing much else -- the feelings that influences the thought like I used to.

The worst case scenario is a subtly perceived hollowness, doing destructive things in an attempt to fill it.

Now that I don't have to fight what's inside... No more 'certain voices' a.k.a. thoughts.
The ego, like emotions, it is still there. The same with conscience, the same with whatever subconscious programming.
Just way less eardrum shattering loud and way less eye stabbing flashy.

Thus goes away my cravings, my spending habits...

True alexithymics are colorblind and deaf in the inside whether it's their neurology or a form of injury; I just had an earplug and dark lensed shades.

Whatever I have is not a 'coping mechanism'.
It can be mistaken as ego death. It's not ego death.

Ego death involves experiencing the true nothing.
An experience one will have no real words for it; because it is beyond words.
Not in the same way alexithymics do with emotions, but it's something much more incomprehensible for most humans.

And true nothing is not a form of hollowness.
It is much scarier and way more beautiful than that.
It's not losing the contents, more like the container is gone.
Thus countless metaphors to describe the indescribable, one of the words commonly use to describe it is 'nothing'. Because it IS.

Many people mistook for ego-death is actually a form of self-deprecating.
A coping mechanism I was unable to learn.

It never sink into my head that 'my existence is wrong'; more like 'my thoughts, my feelings, my behaviors are wrong' -- but not the 'I' in 'me', not my existence. I end up fighting for it instead.

But instead of proving people wrong about me; I want to prove that everything about being a human is just as wrong. And that the world the humans made is even more wrong...
Even if I gained a glimpse and a hint of the grand design; I still continue to pursue this hate driven knowledge seeking.

I also wonder...
This self self-learning thing is a long time habit of mine since I have to make do with it.

The alternative was more food, screentime, whining and actually bothering other people while feeling guilty about it; no learning, no insights...
No damage control. I still cannot afford therapy and meds.

But I shall consider this state as a great tool for me to possibly solve whatever problem I have deep down.

Maybe a chance to change my habits.
One step at the time. One day at the time.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2024, 10:36 am

I think I'd like to become unreadable

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2024, 11:01 am

I’ve gotten pretty good at being invisible. I think I’d rather fly. That sounds like more fun.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2024, 11:11 am

Yeah it's funny you should interpret that as invisible because that's not what I meant

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2024, 11:21 am

I wasn’t interpreting your comment. I was just saying something random about myself. Maybe your comment made me think of it in a peripheral sort of way.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2024, 11:26 am

Yeah that's what I thought after I thought about it.

I hope you can find your wings TP

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 Apr 2024, 5:40 pm

I'm wondering if having bad sinus headaches for a few days in a row could cause someone who does not have bipolar disorder to experience symptoms of a low grade manic phase that last a couple weeks after the person is feeling physically better :? Maybe it'll be a good idea to increase my OCD medication & antipsychotic for a bit

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2024, 6:47 pm

nick007 wrote:
I'm wondering if having bad sinus headaches for a few days in a row could cause someone who does not have bipolar disorder to experience symptoms of a low grade manic phase that last a couple weeks after the person is feeling physically better :? Maybe it'll be a good idea to increase my OCD medication & antipsychotic for a bit

As someone who had had a lot of occasional several days in a row bad sinus headaches throughout the years, and without bipolar disorder; then being able to sense the contrasts -- not really.
I guess it lies with someone's way of processing pain and the contrast between the pain and non-pain, among other circumstances like if their sinusitis can also cause them chronic low grade depression, daytime sleepiness and brain fog.

Damnit, ma.

I was asleep and you're striking nails with a hammer, no more than 4 ft away from me.

It never helps that in many cases, I cannot go back to sleep. I need both my head and body to want to lie down for that.

Now; my body just wants to drop dead, but my head refuses to go back.

Damnit, ma -- I was rightfully asleep at 4am; it's not even 8am yet. I'm supposed to be still fricking asleep until 11 or 12. :x

Now I'm dealing with another body and head incongruency. Usually, it's the other way around; head being asleep, body being awake.
Now I'm dealing with a less common occurrence.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2024, 7:49 pm

Your good Babybird..,change is not easy...... not even a committment.. just a better pattern for touself to get better results...best wishes with the head shrinker .. :D ..Been outta town myself ..Needed alittle personal escape from the regular day...and besides got to catch up with good people ..that care. :D :D :D :mrgreen:

where ever you go ,there you are

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2024, 5:33 am

I always have a tin of ravioli before I go and get shrinked

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2024, 7:11 am

babybird wrote:
I always have a tin of ravioli before I go and get shrinked

Lol...like your idea of how to deal with Shrinks ...Ravioli,,generally , I think has alot of Pasta in it .. :mrgreen:
And can be hard to find vegatable based,( plant based ) Pasta noodles in tins, but sometimes ,i find it in frozen food
area of the market. at a good price.But that is not the point here. But had read many years back about Pasta type meals having
a beneficial effect on Seratonin levels in the human bloodstream (.ie. It makes you feel calmer ) .. When I used to see a shrink ,in younger days , I would let my emotions get carried away,when explaining my experiences....( my personal emotions / feelings) to a head shrinker,a few days after my Father passed away.And this one time ,I ended up with
a [ No choice] invitation to a 3 day stay in the Hospital . So Perhaps Ravioli , can have a comforting effect on a person.
Hope your appt.. has gone / will go , very good for you :D

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2024, 9:40 am

:lol: Thanks Jakki. I never thought of it that way but maybe there's something in that

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2024, 10:56 am

I wonder if I'll get a certificate when I finish my course of treatment

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2024, 11:21 am

He said that he's pleased with the progress that I've made and that he can see how I've changed as well (I was only saying that myself the other day) and that I'm the most hardest working patient

I love getting patronised me

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2024, 1:47 pm

babybird wrote:
He said that he's pleased with the progress that I've made and that he can see how I've changed as well (I was only saying that myself the other day) and that I'm the most hardest working patient

I love getting patronised me

Yaah,, nice to be patronized ,once in awhile, in fact ,might feel good , ( SOMETIMES) other times :roll: . maybe not so much. Good on you , for whatever change that works best for you , And even alittle acknowledgement can make it. feel exceptional ..regardless of Patronizing . :D 8)

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2024, 1:54 pm

babybird wrote:
I wonder if I'll get a certificate when I finish my course of treatment

Lololzz.. yup . sometimes , people should get certificates for just making it through the stuff they do..
lolzz including therapy... :ninja: ... 8)
Therapy Course 101 .. 8O