New member intro - Mable, Lord of Soup

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Mable94
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Oct 2023, 2:03 pm

Hello, I go by Mable i joined to meet other autistic/neurodivergent/other people who I may relate to. I am diagnosed with Autism, Chromosomal anomaly XYY, Anxiety, and Psychotic disorder.

I'm born and raised in California but I've lived in Hawaii and Tennessee as well.

Interests:

Music - I listen to music 24/7 pretty much, no I'm not a musician but I've thought about learning an instrument.

Movies - I like 80's-90's Horror a lot

Food - Pizza, Miso Soup, white rice, Ramen, Mackerel/Herring, Salami, Bread and pasta with butter and salt.

Gardening - I always had a passion for gardening but sadly I have no space for me to garden where I live now.

Animals - I love animals, I always greet animals first before humans and after doing so I feel more comfortable socially.

End of intro.

Readydaer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2023, 2:15 pm

Welcome to WP!

The_Wolf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2023, 2:40 pm

Hello Mable and welcome to WrongPlanet - I hope you will enjoy it here :)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2023, 3:25 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2023, 4:42 pm

Welcome to WP! I hope you like it here.

And I hope you visit the "Television, Film, and Video" forum.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2023, 11:53 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet.

I was not familiar with your condition Chromosomal anomaly XYY, so I looked it up on the internet.

Some of the sources gave the following description:

Usually, a person has 46 chromosomes in each cell, divided into 23 pairs, which includes two sex chromosomes. Half the chromosomes are inherited from the father and the other half from the mother. The chromosomes contain genes, which determine an individual's characteristics, such as eye color and height. Boys typically have one X chromosome and one Y chromosome, or XY, but boys with XYY syndrome have an extra Y chromosome, or XYY.

Taller height
Slightly larger head size
Widely spaced eyes
Weak muscle tone
Fifth fingers that curve inward
Large teeth
Flat feet
Increased belly fat
Scoliosis
Hand tremors or motor tics
Asthma
Delayed development of motor skills, such as sitting and walking

XYY syndrome is a genetic condition found in males only. About 1 in 1,000 boys have it.

47,XYY syndrome is associated with an increased risk of learning disabilities and delayed development of speech and language skills. Affected children can have delayed development of motor skills (such as sitting and walking) or weak muscle tone (hypotonia). Other signs and symptoms of this condition include hand tremors or other involuntary movements (motor tics), seizures, and asthma. Individuals with 47,XYY syndrome have an increased risk of behavioral, social, and emotional difficulties compared with their unaffected peers. These problems include attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD); depression; anxiety; and autism spectrum disorder, which is a group of developmental conditions that affect communication and social interaction.

Comet Zed
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2023, 2:05 am

Hi Mable, what sort of music do you like?

NowWhatDoIDo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Nov 2023, 1:43 pm

Last night we had friends over and I made home-made bread, which I turned into vegan grilled cheese sandwiches, and a spicy tomato soup on the side. The tomato soup is such a simple recipe but so good with a crispy something to dip into it!

softlyspeaks41
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Nov 2023, 10:50 pm

Hello and welcome to the club! I'm into horror too, from that period and earlier. Much of the contemporary stuff I've seen doesn't do much for me

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2023, 11:15 pm

jimmy m wrote:
Welcome to Wrong Planet.

I was not familiar with your condition Chromosomal anomaly XYY, so I looked it up on the internet.

Some of the sources gave the following description:

Usually, a person has 46 chromosomes in each cell, divided into 23 pairs, which includes two sex chromosomes. Half the chromosomes are inherited from the father and the other half from the mother. The chromosomes contain genes, which determine an individual's characteristics, such as eye color and height. Boys typically have one X chromosome and one Y chromosome, or XY, but boys with XYY syndrome have an extra Y chromosome, or XYY.

Taller height
Slightly larger head size
Widely spaced eyes
Weak muscle tone
Fifth fingers that curve inward
Large teeth
Flat feet
Increased belly fat
Scoliosis
Hand tremors or motor tics
Asthma
Delayed development of motor skills, such as sitting and walking

XYY syndrome is a genetic condition found in males only. About 1 in 1,000 boys have it.

47,XYY syndrome is associated with an increased risk of learning disabilities and delayed development of speech and language skills. Affected children can have delayed development of motor skills (such as sitting and walking) or weak muscle tone (hypotonia). Other signs and symptoms of this condition include hand tremors or other involuntary movements (motor tics), seizures, and asthma. Individuals with 47,XYY syndrome have an increased risk of behavioral, social, and emotional difficulties compared with their unaffected peers. These problems include attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD); depression; anxiety; and autism spectrum disorder, which is a group of developmental conditions that affect communication and social interaction.

My seventh grade science teacher mentioned "super males"...double Y plus X chromosome babies for about twenty seconds before moving on- one time, about fifty years ago.

So I knew the syndrome existed, but thats all.

Thanks for bringing me up to speed about it.

Gosh!

Sounds like the OP must have a lot on his plate to deal with.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2023, 9:36 am

You must be "Broth Vader"

Since you're the "the Lord of the Soup". :D

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2023, 2:09 pm

Welcome Mable!

I'm also neurodiverse. AMAB but I have a girly short petite hourglass figure. Passing a girl is very easy as I have a very feminine voice and female mannerisms. I'd often male fail despite my best efforts not to. Socializing was tough because "please wait, brain is processing gender identification, please wait, brain is processing gender identification, please wait, brain is processing gender identification."
Now I wear lots of pink and girly outfits and socializing is much easier!
Never been tested for genetic issues as my health is pretty good. I see the doctor quite often for routine checkups, screenings, and shots. But I've wondered about that.

I like to eat raw tuna sushi and miso soup. Or seaweed salad.

I had a lap cat but he passed away years ago. :(

I'm lucky to own my own home and have hundreds of flowering plants. There is a pink camellia in bloom outside my window!

BTDT

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2023, 9:29 pm

Welcome to WP :salut:

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2023, 8:04 am

Welcome!

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson